Architrave type

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by RiazG, Aug 31, 2021.

1. RiazG

RiazG New Member

Hi,
    Guidance required please - I have a portion of the architrave missing above a door, I have tried searching online to find the matching profile, but to no avail. I have attached a picture of the profile and below are the measurements:

width = 69mm
    depth = 22mm

Can anyone guide as to which type of architrave this is and where I can find it.

IMG_5584.jpg IMG_5585.jpg IMG_5586.jpg

Thank you

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  2. I-Man

I-Man Screwfix Select

looks like "lambs tongue" - take it to your local timber merchant, they'll be your best bet

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  3. Bob256

Bob256 Active Member

If you do a Google search for lamb's tongue architrave, there is quite a range of profiles. This one looks quite close (and is available in 69mm width) but is MDF:

https://www.skirtech.co.uk/Lambs_Tongue_MDF_Architrave_1375--product--89.html

It's probably unlikely that an exact match can be found though so it's probably best to replace the architrave for the whole door.

There are timber merchants who will machine you a moulding to match a sample, but there is often a "set up" cost as well as a cost per metre so it can be expensive for small orders.

4. RiazG

RiazG New Member

Thank you for your help, it's off to the local timber merchants as the first point of call, barring that it'll be a change to all the architraves around the door to match