Are these Genuine Makita Batteries? from ebay

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Jitender, May 3, 2018.

1. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Feedback appears all good:)

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Rather cheap, but it could be geniune bankrupt stock being sold off, got some Bosh 5Ah batteries that way last year.
    Your covered by Ebay sellers protection, so try it.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Think I will buy a pack, been looking for some bigger capacity batteries as I have a strimmer which uses up the smaller batteries quite quickly.

Yesterday was looking and they were around £119 for 2 batteries:eek:

5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

KIAB's one's are FAKE, should have had Bosch written on them, Bosh is a dead give away really. :eek:

WillyEckerslike, Joe95 and KIAB like this.
  6. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Purchased a pack and paid via paypal.

It came up with a sand clock symbol.

Have just got a message from eBay saying that we have had to remove listing from site.

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Your covered by PayPal, so no problems, maybe seller did geniunely listed them up at wrong price.:rolleyes:

8. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Payment didn't go through.

I got this message from ebay

You were recently involved in a transaction for the following item:
    163030761571 - Makita BL1860B-2 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 6.0 Ah Battery (2 Pack) 2-Pack 6.0Ah

We’re writing to let you know that an unauthorised third party may have accessed the seller’s account to list this item. The item has been removed from the site, and the transaction was cancelled. We ask that you take the following precautions:

9. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Strange.

Change your Ebay password.

10. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Didn't past the full message, but email said, my account wasn't accessed by a third party.

11. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Still would change it.:)

And keep a eye on PayPal for any unusal activitiy.

12. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

13. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

No, they're copies. Know someone who's bought a couple, albeit different to those you listed, he said they're compatible and worked fine, but now they're a couple years old the charge isn't held as long as his authentic makita batteries.

14. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

If you look closely at the label on the side of the battery in the link, it actually says 'Mukita'.

15. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

16. HarDeBloodyHarHar

HarDeBloodyHarHar Active Member

There is no battery in the link.

17. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

18. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

The original listings been removed now. Did look genuine but at £19.99 for 2*6ah batteries including p&p far too cheap.

19. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I was charged for the the batteries through e-bay. As I didn't contact them within 30 days, spoken to paypal who have opened a case and will wait 10 days for a response from the seller. So likely to get my money back.

The Chinese merchant name should have given the game away when the receipt came through.

20. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Looks Like paypal have decided in my favour so will get all money back in next 5 days, very quick.