Are these Genuine Makita Batteries? from ebay

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Jitender, May 3, 2018.

1. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

One thing to watch out with PayPal is their "Pre Approved" setting. With a pre approved purchase a vendor can charge you again in the future without requesting the money from you. When you make a purchase,some vendors sneakily change the payment from One off, to a pre approved payment.

It happened to me recently with some PC software I purchased three years ago. After the first year, I cancelled the subscription but they took a debit from my account. I immediately contacted Paypal and they refunded me. This year they took money for a subscription.

Paypal explained that their policy is that you don't have to be informed in advance with pre approved payments if someone is requesting a debit from your account. So I went through and cancelled a whole bunch of them going as far back as 2-12

KIAB likes this.
  2. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I have got all the money back now, they did it really fast.

My fault as should of contacted them sooner but left a little late.

KIAB likes this.
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Good result.:)

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

It seems ebay is rife with sellers selling fake batteries, so just letting people know to be careful and do research before hitting the buy button.

I have seen a number of listings recently where the seller is selling a battery know as genuine, but looking at the feedback on some it say the are sold in genuine Makita packaging.

If the batteries are cheap then it is for a reason.