Are these walls load bearing?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Radders23, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Radders23

Radders23 New Member

Please can someone help? I wanted to remove 2 small walls shown in the picture. One of them has a doorway (wall A) and the other (wall B) is joined to a load bearing wall at 90degrees. I only want to remove the part of wall B that is on the left and leave the door way.

In the attic, wall A is perpendicular to the roof joists however there is a top plate of the masonry so the brick isnt visible at all as shown in the picture. There is a load bearing wall on the ground floor parallel to this wall on the first floor about 10cm away from the wall.

Wall B is resting on the floorboards with nothing directly underneath the floor boards. As I said, there is a wall joining on the right hand side that is load bearing. In the ceiling the bricks for wall B are visible. I mark up a picture here showing more detail for wall a.

The couple of builders we've had have said conflicting things and so not sure how to proceed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  2. stevie22

stevie22 Screwfix Select

To be confident in the answer an SE needs to look. Failing that a couple more builders and go with the majority.

Option a is the safe way to go.

3. Radders23

Radders23 New Member

Thanks! We have now had two votes for joist hangers!