"Artic freeze" question

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by glueless, Sep 12, 2006.

1. glueless

glueless New Member

Hi Guys/Girls,this is my first post and it's a question regarding "Arctic Freeze" pipe freezer(220ml),i know this stuff works because i have already searched this forum,but i could not find out how many times you can apply it before it runs out? (generally speaking).For instance,i am in the process of replacing 2 radiators in my bathroom,and i've decided(well!..the leak decided for me)that i need to replace the valves on both rads ,the pipes are "Microbore" and "well" painted(should this be a problem?) and will there be enough in the can?...could any one "Please" help!..

2. tgs

tgs New Member

The instructions state that you should use a can for one 15mm pipe. In practice you can do a 15mm pipe with half a can so two microbore pipes should be possible.

However, the kit only includes one pipe jacket and you will need two, so you will still need to buy two kits.

The paint should not be a problem.

3. Spyder

Spyder New Member

If they are separate valves ie 2 on each rad, close each valve, disconnect the valves from the rad, remove and replace the rad and valve, then move pipe from old valve to new. Do each end separately, close the other valve, only one freeze to keep an eye on. Best first time to have spare tank of freeze and somebody to manage the freeze while you get on with the soldering. Keep a pair of molegrips handy in case ice plug goes. Crimp pipe to stop flood.

4. SGC

SGC New Member

Why not use a pair of bungs? going to be cheaper and no chance of ice melting!

5. glueless

glueless New Member

Thank you all for taking the time to answer my question, greatly appreciated.
    That's an interesting suggestion "SGC" but excuse my ignorance, what are "Bungs" and how do you use them?
    That "Ice melting" bit did send a shiver down my spine!(sorry!,couldn't resist)..

"Please tell me more"..Cheers Glueless