Asbestos Anxiety - Please help!

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by AmyNin, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Nanook

Nanook Active Member

I see that explains it. The noise was unreal!!!

2. Nanook

Nanook Active Member

If it had have been asbestos you did the right thing. I don’t believe there is ever such a thing as being too cautious when it comes to that, besides it just gives you peace of mind and that is priceless. Next door neighbours didn’t return to their property after it for a good week or more after the removal guy had been. Our house escaped the Artex era but it suffered the polystyrene ceiling tiles fad instead! Good luck with your renovations, all is good : )

3. Nanook

Nanook Active Member

@AmyNin

Do ensure the wall you’re having taken down isn’t load bearing in any sense. You’ll see from another thread I have on here that I’ve got some interesting cracks happening in the same area of our property which had a supposed non load-bearing wall taken down around 18 years ago. Cracked coving and jagged hairline cracks coming down the side of the external cavity wall has given me some sleepless nights and kept Oyster Bay in big business of late!