At last

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by dinkydo, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

I think Boris is the right person to get us a better deal but is about 3 years too late. TM was too tame with the EU and settled for an agreement that no one in the UK would agree to.

What will happen now is anyone's guess:
    - UK Parliament have voted 3 times (or is it 4?) to reject the existing withdrawal agreement
    - the EU has said repeatedly that they won't reopen negotiations of the withdrawl agreement
    - UK MPs are verhmently against a no-deal Brexit.

What I would remind the leavers, is that while they won the vote to leave the EU, there was no concensus at all as to what leaving the EU meant, whether it meant leaving the EU with or without a deal or what kind of deal.

The best thing would be if the EU can find a way of reopening negotiations of the withdrawal agreement, so a better agreement can be reached which is in everyone's interest.

Heat likes this.
  2. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

Dear Hans. Ref your paragraphs
    1. I fully agree
    2. UK MPs are against a no deal brexit because most are remainers and they reason that if they can stop no deal and the EU will not budge on the withdrawal agreement, brexit will die.
    3. The public just wanted to leave and naively expected Parliament to do that and in line with the best interests of the UK, whether that means with a deal or without. That's what we pay the MPs for.
    4. It will require a cracking deal to be better than no deal, so I can't see that happening.

3. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

I reckon we'll leave with no deal because no deal will not be anything like the sensationalist project fear mk2 makes out, and far better than staying in or with a dodgy deal with Brussels.
    The voters were not asked and believed that the MPs would do their best to create the best outcome for the UK. Unfortunately they have failed miserably.
    Boris is the man to do it, he must not be under estimated and we'll be clear of EU dead hands by November.
    I'm not at all bothered by btiw2's insults, I'm too thick skinned for that. I can see that he just tries to create an image of himself as a clever person, but fails.

4. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Ah, but at least I tried eh?

5. Broon

Broon Active Member

Shots fired :D