[b]Can I Move My Worcester 280 (Part L)?[/b]

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by monkey68, Apr 30, 2005.

1. saint dave

saint dave New Member

This as has been said is a very grey area indeed. Just yesterday I moved a non HE boiler from one wall to another for a customer, not only is this allowed it is also non reportable under the notification scheme. On the other hand back in january was asked to supply and install a combi for a customer who had just built an extension, and our local building control ( Southampton) insisted that it be a HE model, even prior to the 1st April.

you could try the exemption route, follow the guide on this link and if you can acheive 1000 points or more you can install a non HE model, IE your existing boiler

http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/groups/odpm_buildreg/documents/page/odpm_breg032807.hcsp

The bottom line is it's not CORGI that decide but your local building control.

2. saint dave

saint dave New Member

One other area you may be able to use to your advantage is the Part which reads:-
    The Government has also agreed certain situations that do not need the assessment procedure to be followed. These are
    1) Where a building notice has been given or plans have been deposited in relation to the work before 1 April 2005.

2)Where an initial notice has been given in relation to the work before 1 April 2005

3)Where the contract for the provision of the work was entered into before 1 April 2005

4) Where a boiler is ordered or purchased before 1 April 2005 provided that it is installed before 1 July 2005.

So reading that you should be able to do it legally using para 4). but do it quickly.

Hope that this is of some use to you.

Dave

3. monkey68

monkey68 New Member

I can finally close this topic. After nearly two years the new extension has been signed off.
    It turns out that as the regs for this build were originally issued in November 2004, I only had to comply with regs at that date.
    The only 'new' reg that I have been asked to comply with is to site a 'heat' detector (interlinked to the smoke detectors) in the kitchen. I had run the cables for this eventuallity anyway, so not a prob.

4. Easy Life

Easy Life Member

Any non condensing boiler that has been resited in a property can be registered by entering 6666 as the code when registering the installation
    There is no requirement to upgrade the boiler to a condensing boiler unless it’s a replacement or new installation etc.

Jacen

5. easy to say now, but when this thread was opened, was a very grey time! :)