[b]Connecting 2 overflows into 1 ?[/b]

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Screwfix, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Screwfix

Screwfix Member

Evenin all, quick question...

Is it okay to connect the overflow from a toilet & from a combination cylinder into a single outlet?

(Using an overflow tee/branch to connect the two)

Thanks in advance :)

2. stehouk

stehouk New Member

change wc to internal overflow?

3. Screwfix

Screwfix Member

Thanks. I was wondering if what I proposed was okay with the water regs though?

Unfortunately, the new toilet syphon's internal overflow level is slightly higher than the top of the old cistern, i.e. the water starts to spill over the top of the cistern before it reaches the internal overflow level...

Am I wrong in thinking that the height of the internal overflow cannot be adjusted on toilet syphons?

Thanks again :)

4. stehouk

stehouk New Member

not sure on regs on this never seen it done,i suppose as long as one is lower than the other and then falls away to outside? (you do not want one filling the other) not something i would do.
    i have fitted the variflush drop valve no:43148-85 and can be trimmed to suit most cisterns.

5. Screwfix

Screwfix Member

Thanks, I'll take a look at that drop valve :)

You say you've never seen 2 overflows connected into 1, what situations is an overflow tee/branch used in then?

Am I missing something obvious?

6. stehouk

stehouk New Member

never seen a combination cylinder and wc connected,only seen cold water storage /f&e tanks connected,but thats just me,wc go straight through wall normally combination in loft or is it a flat? why have they not got their own overflow already?

7. sooyar

sooyar New Member

When it overflows how will you know which one needs sorting.