B&Q kitchen installation charges

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Boff, Aug 18, 2005.

1. SFS

SFS New Member

I've read most of your talks about B&Q kitchens/fitters, I've been fitting kitchens and bathrooms for them for nearly 2 years and at times it's not been easy with things changing at their all the time! we do get very well paid for the jobs but their is loads of hassle to go with the fit 75% of the time, we don't set the prices so we take the money with pleasure... I class my self as a decent fitter that's had NO complaints, I've seen **** fits and excellent ones through B&Q, but that said I've seen some rubish done by private fitters too! It's unfair to **** the fitter off when you've only seen or been told about the worst! I've done a fit this week in 3 days, probably got paid what some guys earn in 5-7 days, I'm enjoying the rest of the week in the sun now! THAT'S WHY I FIT FOR B&Q.......TTFN

2. Punda

Punda New Member

Have been fitting for B&Q for 5 years .Pay is good even though there are hassels.Then again unless you make and
    supply all your own gear you are going to have problems.

Some people think their fitting prices are high. I feel they are fair.

I have also seen some good and bad fitting by various fitters and companies.Even the so called bespoke.

I have seen a number of fits and know of fitters that think they are good. Well I would not employ them.

Bottom line it depends on the fitter if he has self pride you should get a decent fit.Different people have different standards.

Unfortunately there are no gaurantees when you get a fitter that you are going to get a good job.

By the way B&Q do gaurentee their work and it does not usually take 2 years to get sorted out.You will get afull gaurantee on workmanship and product with B&Q.Yes that includes everything except normal wear and tear.

3. Ben Manning

Ben Manning New Member

I know this is an old post but probably still relevant, went to B&Q today for a design session, cost of materials £4500 approx install £5000!! Its only a small 4mx2m L shaped kitchen, i do like the kitchen itself but am thinking of getting it installed by someone else, but then you have the worry will they deliver all materials correctly and on time etc..

4. Jimmycloutnail

Jimmycloutnail Screwfix Select

Haha if you want all the materials delivered on time defiantly don't go to b and q!!! Get a recommendation of a good fitter and ask him to look at some of his recent work he won't mind if he's decent at his job, and you would save at least a grand probably 2

5. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Off topic, but one can always tell who has a fruit phone, it always auto corrects definitely to defiantly, and fruit phone users never appear to read what their phone has written, lol, just an observation:rolleyes: