B&Q Rainfall shower riser

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by furious_customer, Aug 15, 2019 at 10:36 PM.

1. furious_customer

furious_customer Active Member

2. just pumps

just pumps Active Member

Little screw somewhere needs tightening.

3. furious_customer

It doesn't use little screws - it is a bracket with a rubber tip that the riser pole sits in, you then tighten up a collar to increase the friction between the brakcet and the pole - but it doesn't work and the pole just slips through the bracket.

4. Hans_25

Hans_25 Active Member

Likely an issue with the design of the riser pole and clamp, did you see the one comment on the B&Q website?

"Bought and fitted shower this week. Just what is wanted. Only problem is instruction manual is very poor. Just pictures and no real info. Still trying to work out how to fix soapdish and stop riser from slipping down."

just pumps likes this.
  5. just pumps

just pumps Active Member

Tighten screw or tighten collar, what`s the difference?!!! :p

furious_customer likes this.
  6. furious_customer

Yeah, I did see that and assumed that they had fitted it wrong somehow (that is often the case when folk say that something doesn't work),
    Think I just need to take it back then.

Hans_25 likes this.
  7. furious_customer

The collar is as tight as it will go :)

8. gas monkey

gas monkey Well-Known Member

loss screw youve lost it
    tight coller your hanging from the rafters really lost it

furious_customer likes this.
  9. furious_customer

On a related note - has anyone every installed or used a dual head shower riser that worked well? Looking for a recommendation.
    Note - it is only the riser I need - I can find plenty of rainfall shower heads that come with a thermostatic mixer - but I already have a recessed mixer.