[b]There's a plumber out there who thinks soil waste travels up hill[/b]

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by ThreadJacker, Jul 2, 2008.

1. ThreadJacker

ThreadJacker Active Member

I've got another soil pipe problem to sort out, its one of a few toilets in a cafe/bar. The problem is when other toilets are flushed, some of it runs back down the pipe and collects in the pipework around this one toilet.
    The toilet has a permenant 'brown scumy rim' half way up the bowl and sometimes comes over the rim!.
    I wouldn't like to be the poor sod who's have a relaxing dump when someone upstairs flushes a monster and he gets it $%*!"............
    If you look at the pipework its on a slight incline creating a kind of 'sump'.
    It looks like I'll have to raise the pan on a tiled plinth or something.
    I know its easy to critisise the work of other plumbers without knowing the full facts but its a no brainer really, I said this mess is to be sorted out by the yeyhoo who installed it but he gone to Australia or something (probably back to his ranch yee-ha!!).

2. rip out all of the offending pipe work and re-do it so

relaxing dump when someone upstairs flushes a monster
    and he gets it $%*!"............

that does not happen:):)

3. aphs

aphs New Member

Had a call out last week, water ******* through the ceiling from the shower. When I get there woman says the only way she can get shower to drain is by unscrewing this nut (top access shower trap) hence where the water was coming from. Waste ran down hill along the bathroom till it got the basin waste, 1 1/4 tee pointing down as the waste passed through the wall and a 90 pointing up into the tee.