[b]trade discount rates[/b]

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by mrsp, May 13, 2005.

1. mrsp

mrsp New Member

Hi, What trade discounts do you all get at the likes of plumb center.

My example is at Plumb center where I have just opened an account.

BEAUFORT BATH PACK EXC B/WARE WHITE, A94100
    Trade rate: £156+vat Retail: 195.01+vat

and

4.1/2" PLASTIC FLOAT C/W BRASS INSERT, 173001
    trade 0.55 - retail 0.69

these rates are from my online account.

If anyone has any idea if these discounts are any good please let me know. Should i be asking for better rates instore.

your help greatly appreciated.

2. saint dave

saint dave New Member

Basicly what I get from Plumb's are trade rates then terms which gives you further discount. These you have to set up with your branch manager. Basically the more boilers you buy the better the terms you get. The same is true with any other items you use.

3. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

I have learnt that Plumb Center prices are a joke, shop around and find some bargains.

4. Jason123

Jason123 New Member

I was well chuffed with the price of thermocouples at Plumb Centre, was paying nearly twice that elsewhere, then Spike ruined my day by saying thermocouples are old hat, and so is my boiler:(

5. Plumbs are really expensive for retal or trade price, but as most customers have better than trade deals, its not so bad...

I replaced a thermouple on call tonight... 1st one for about 4 months of work!

6. saint dave

saint dave New Member

Nice little earner T/couples, unless you get the old Mk 1 baxi solo which has a one off design