[b]YorksBuilder!![/b]

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by twin&earth, Sep 3, 2006.

1. twin&earth

twin&earth New Member

Hi, was hoping you can help. I'm a builder by trade but have a genuine interest in electrics. Last year i took my 16th edition/2381 and this year i've registered with NICEIC. As you probably all know you need two installations/jobs to be inspected.

What i could really do with is someone local that can help me out. I'm going to be doing all the work myself, and know quite a bit about the testing, but obviously theres stuff i will be unsure about, and could do with the jobs been fully checked before i get the inspector round. I'm not conning anyone or cheating, and whoever comes wont be putting there name to anything, merely seeing that the job should pass, theres no way i want to pay for and arrange another set of inspections. It goes without saying that i'll pay the rate as if you were doing a normal job.

So if theres anyone willing toh elp out, please be in touch
    many thanks for reading
    SEND YOU EMAIL SON I CAN HELP

2. kraftwerk

kraftwerk New Member

so your not an electrician but you can do electrics

3. twin&earth

twin&earth New Member

no mate i have copied and pasted the first bit from an earlyer post from this guy.
    He sounds keen.

4. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Eeee by gum lud..anything you say....

5. twin&earth

twin&earth New Member

6. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Where's 'The Joker'?

We appear to already have 'The Riddler'!

7. strobe

strobe New Member

Have you done the DISQ with the NICEIC is it worth doing because i am considering doing it and also registering with the NICEIC. Is it really hard and time consuming.

8. yorksbuilder

yorksbuilder New Member

Hiya, thanks for reading, couldnt see your e-mail addy though?

9. EH59 AMP

EH59 AMP New Member

YB where r u based

10. twin&earth

twin&earth New Member

Right sorry been out all day. workin.
    bloody gearbox is knackerd on the van!!!
    OK Mr Yorksbuilder i read your post about a week ago you wanted some practical test experience.
    DO YOU STILL REQUIRE practical exp???
    I am in york...

11. yorksbuilder

yorksbuilder New Member

Hi, yep i'm sort of in the Harrogate area. Was hoping someone might be interested in checking over my two jobs when they are ready, before NICEIC turned the place over. Obviously goes without saying i would pay your usual hourly rate for the trouble.

12. Ant1981

Ant1981 New Member

so your not an electrician but you can do electrics

he's got 16th ed, so he's a qualified electrician then.

Sour grapes?

13. twin&earth

twin&earth New Member

ok no worrys thorght you were in york harr gate a bit to far thoght you just wanted to see a test ok no probs thought i could help thats all mate

14. yorksbuilder

yorksbuilder New Member

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for the delay in replying myself. I'll travel to see you doing some inspections sometime if thats alright with you.

15. yorksbuilder

yorksbuilder New Member

i know its cheeky, but the guy was good enough to make the offer.