Babbis Yeds

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by tetleyman, Oct 20, 2010.

1. tetleyman

tetleyman New Member

This tread is more for the northerners than southerners,what is the correct way to eat a babbis yed,do you pog it at the top and dip your butties in or do you turn it upside down and split it open and put it on butties,do you give any to the dog that keeps looking at you,do you buy steak puddings or steak and kidney puddings,this may sound like a load of * but i am listening to George Osbourne and that sounds the same

[Edited by: admin]

2. ....."This tread......."

Are you Irish?

3. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Steak & Kideley Pudling!

Mmmm one of my faves....and Tripe & Onions!

My Mum was from Ooop North and she can whip up some right tasty treats. Her Rhubarb Crumble is to die for!

4. Your mum's french fancies were my favourites.

5. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

nay then, funny tha should ask this question, i was only this lunch time in the chip oil at 't wigan, i asked for
    ;- babbie yed floatin wi pey wet and brast yed opon and let steam awt, and a buttered barm jaw, and i got presicley that, any where else in 't world they would know what a barm jaw is :O

6. joiner1959

joiner1959 Active Member

What the f* is this, Swahili

7. john henry jr

john henry jr New Member

8. tetleyman

tetleyman New Member

To many people that DON'T speak the queens english on her T/P it must be them there southerners

9. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

good picture john henrey,that two babbies yeds, one brasted opon and one as it comes, yum, dip thee bread tetley,

10. joiner1959

joiner1959 Active Member

Sorry tetleyman wrong direction. Cant get much more northerly. Gods own country. Hail Caledonia. Still don't know what the ** there talking about. If Germany had used this during the war the Enigma code would never have been broken.

Alba gu breath.

11. tetleyman

tetleyman New Member

joiner1959 Have a look at this web site www.wiganworld.com and it will open your eye,s it will learn you how to speak proper

12. joiner1959

joiner1959 Active Member

Scary stuff!! Do they still jump over broom sticks to get married down there? The Land That Time Forgot.

13. Eric Tupperwear

Eric Tupperwear New Member

Broomsticks? They're for southern softies yer daft *

[Edited by: admin]

14. joiner1959

joiner1959 Active Member

If God was going to give the world an enema he'd stick it in Wigan.

15. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

god did come down to wigan one day and left a song for us to play in the key of 'g'

oh i went up to heaven one morning in may
    the angels said what's your name, and where did you stay
    when i towd um from wigan , how did they stare,
    they said come in lad tha welcome
    tha't first um from there.

16. joiner1959

joiner1959 Active Member

A charming little home spun ditty. The nearest iv'e got to Wigan is reading a George Orwell book.

17. Eric Tupperwear

On the bog?

18. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

ah george orwell. did you know we built a pub in his honour its just off wigan pier, thats the wigan way, he who laffs last............

19. Eric Tupperwear

Where was George Orwell from? I have seen pubs commemmorating him in Cheam and in Hayes (Near Heathrow).

And as far as I know, Keith Harris was from Nottingham.

20. joiner1959

joiner1959 Active Member

Is that why the beer is so watery? George Orwell(Eric Blair) was born in Bengal.