back door & frame

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by spindle, Aug 14, 2007.

1. spindle

spindle New Member

Hi all
    I have been asked to supply and fit 1 external half glazed door complete including painting. My question is where is the best place to buy said door and frame with cill including weather bar ? I think to remove old and replace will take me 2 days what would you chage for this job ?
    Thanks for your time

2. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I dont want to have a go at anyone but surely if you are doing this on a professional basis you should know where to get a door from and roughly how much to charge.

3. spindle

spindle New Member

hi
    i do not do this full time and i looked in B&Q and the door cills do not come with a weather bar that is why i was asking you guys who do this as a full time job, also i would like to know a rough price to charge. thanks for your reply

4. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Go to Magnet and they will sort you out. Myself I would charge perhaps £400 to fit it. However most people on here with a few exceptions will probably do it for about £40 as they are mugs who think it is still 1987 and are putting the cash they get paid in addition to signing on away to buy that brand new Chevette HSR they have always dreamed of.

5. damo

damo New Member

I dont think customer would be very impressed with a 2 day fit on external door. Not a job for an amature really, especialy if you are planning for a customer to pay you to do it.
    Your local timber merchants should be able to supply an external doorframe kit with weatherbar/sill. I get mine from Savoy timber, Hardwood casing kits start from £45 (including sill).

6. gardm1nt

gardm1nt New Member

Considering that the timings include painting then two days IS realistic.

7. gardm1nt

gardm1nt New Member

Furthermore

B and Q would be the last place I would buy a door from!