Bad timing.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by chippie244, Aug 12, 2018 at 9:27 PM.

1. chippie244

chippie244 Well-Known Member

Got to the pub last night and a mate, a p&d, was looking a bit irate.
    He'd had to work on a Saturday and had got home to find his partner trying to change his monoblock kitchen tap with a 12" adjustable and a YouTube video.
    He left her to it only to get a call at 7pm that she'd called an emergency plumber.
    There was nothing wrong with the tap and there were 2 plumbers in the pub who would have done the job for a drink anyway.
    I left him alone today.

KIAB and goldenboy like this.
  2. Jord86

Jord86 Well-Known Member

As long as he didn't have to foot the plumbers bill he should ask his missus to see about changing the light fittings next :)

3. chippie244

It was his grandsons, by a different woman, first birthday and christening today and he just wanted a chilled weekend.

4. Jord86

Jord86 Well-Known Member

I spent today cutting and planing lumps out of oak block worktop to fit as a shelf in my fathers house, left hand reveal had a double electric point in the middle, right hand reveal had boxed in gas pipe taking up the whole reveal, I'm sure you can imagine the fun I had fitting battens, everything miles out of square, was a real pleasure to be there. I too wanted a chilled weekend :)

5. chippie244

I worked all weekend in a new build, shelves, telly, awning all into the cheese they make houses out of nowadays, I had to change a monoblock too which involved taking out an integrated dishwasher and the side of a unit.
    I put one shelf up and it was leaning down because the wall wasn't plumb.

6. Jord86

Jord86 Well-Known Member

Speaks volumes of the calibre of new work being accepted and passed. On a happier note I'm on a second bottle of merlot, suddenly wonky walls and plumbers bills isnt so blood pressure raising :)

7. chippie244

I knocked my last glass over and I'm sitting here fuming.

8. Jord86

Jord86 Well-Known Member

By that admission you've either had enough or you have my sincere sympathies for your Parkinson's.....

KIAB likes this.
  9. Isitreally

Isitreally Well-Known Member

I'm sitting in Figo Sete Caf'e in Vilamoura marina drinking a white coffee, its such a hard life. :D:D

Heat likes this.
  10. sospan

sospan Well-Known Member

I had a bust up with a neighbour :mad:

We have a shared rain water pipe that leaves our properties and joins the sewer underneath the pavement. However, it has either collapsed or been capped sometime in history and needs investigating.

So a nice kid from the council comes on site on his way home just before he goes on holiday and it isn't even his speciality or area. We come up with a (non legit) solution where I can fix the sewer connection as part of putting in my driveway, provide some barriers free of charge and turn a blind eye to the 400 blocks I have on the pavement!

What does the neighbour do, starts gobbing off to the guy that because now he alleges the pipe has undermined his garden wall. Despite the fact he broke the pipe five years ago with a digger and dumped several tons of hardcore behind his wall which he is removing to put his own driveway in.

This was after I had spoken to him before the Highways guy came out to keep calm because the Council could turn it around and say that the poor state of the pipe work has caused the pavement to subside and we have to foot the bill :mad::mad::mad:

11. masterdiy

masterdiy Active Member

Well I'm with jord86, I have an Argentinian Morador Bonarda Malbec Shiraz. Its just the ticket. And I dont care about wonky shelves.

Jord86 likes this.
  12. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Well-Known Member

Im sitting with a bottle of orange lucuzade

masterdiy likes this.
  13. fillyboy

fillyboy Well-Known Member

I's sitting with a little temptress called Stella.

14. DIY womble

DIY womble Active Member

I'm parked up at Paddington, kipping in my car , going for a wander and pint, no commute for me in the morning