Balls

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by Steve da Geez, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Steve da Geez

Steve da Geez New Member

Hello,

Does anybody know of a source of small non metal ball bearings? I need something between about 4mm and 6mm dia, in Nylon or maybe some kind of rubber.

It's not for a bearing (obviously! There aren't too many uses for rubber bearings) it's to act as a cable clamp in a bizarre connector. The volume will be of the order of maybe 1000 per year.

Thanks for reading.

Steve.

2. supersparky

supersparky New Member

try bb gun supplyers, the ammo is plastic(or metal)
    and is about 8mm i think

BR

3. Charlie Far!ey

Charlie Far!ey New Member

If it is supersparky then they should have shot it at the Iraqis - Its .22mm or .177mm

Nonetheless its still an option if you have a situation where you have the flexibility of size.

4. Charlie Far!ey

That should read 2.2mm and 1.77mm

5. supersparky

supersparky New Member

i hate to say it but bb guns and air rifles are different what you are thinking of is an air rifle (i keep 3) bb guns are the no balls alternative and fire 8mm plastic balls

BR

6. supersparky

supersparky New Member

LOL, you shouldent have corrected it, it was funnyer as it was, all the people would think we were talking about cannons nevermind rifles ;)

BR

7. Charlie Far!ey

Hey supersparky we're mates right! I wouldn't do anything to, well err embarrass you would I! ...like the same as you wouldn't to me either would you? I wouldnt mention this err...discussions on other forum boards the same as you wouldn't err....would you?

This is a confession that has no easy way of dispensing - but ....errr my ba.. err my bal ...Oh umm my balls are smaller than yours .......but I bet I got a bigger pistol.

My missus says that it's not the size of the gun but the power of the shot

8. Steve da Geez

Steve da Geez New Member

Thanks for the response, supersparky. I'll try to get hold of some of those. Do you know what they're made from?

Steve.

9. supersparky

supersparky New Member

I SHOULD HOPE WE ARE CHARLIE!! and good reply i lmao

steve i beleve they are mad from nylon funnly enough!
    im not sure who makes them but some fishing shops sell air gun supplys, not to sure about bb guns though, i doubt you will find it hard to locate some.
    hope it helps

BR

10. harry

harry Member

yes but do you fire blanks?

11. supersparky

supersparky New Member

certainly not, do u?

12. harry

harry Member

can't remember.

13. johnjin57

johnjin57 New Member

Hi everyone
    Its not like you Charlie to get it wrong
    but the size is .177" and .22" inches not m/m.
    But keep up the good work I love reading the
    replys on these forums

johnjin

14. Charlie Far!ey

I have just shot my self on the end of my todger as a punishment - Again I stand corrected and it's inches cos the criteria for shot size came from Uncle Sams boys. nonetheless the type of guns are confused cos I got a bb type gun and the other type is a seccoden gun that fires nylon balls which are bigger.

15. harry

harry Member

You have a gun? i wish i had known that before.i would like to take this opportunity to inform everyone on this forum that mr C.Farley in an all round nice guy and any posts to the contrary are all lies.grovel,grovel.

16. Charlie Far!ey

Hey Harry! Good to read again I thought Mr Murderator had excommunicated you for being a foul mouthed anarchist.

17. supersparky

supersparky New Member

i have a air rifle hehehe and a night sight(not a militery type one....what do you think i am? air rifle obsessed (666))
    well time for the cat who has just **** on my garden to pay.........
    i reckon i can shoot it rite up the........
    from here
    BR

18. Charlie Far!ey

So your going to tw*t the cat that shat on the mat?

19. supersparky

supersparky New Member

20. supersparky

supersparky New Member

im <u>cocked</u> loaded and ready to shoot
    HEHEHHE
    ;)
    BR