Basic Boiler help

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by Movieman334, Jul 21, 2018.

  1. Movieman334

    Movieman334 Member

    Hi gents,

    I was wondering if someone could help me to know what the blue circled knobs do on my boiler?

    Also where is a good place to buy the black spanner to remove the magnaclean lid (the original has gone walkies :()

    Thanks all !

    Attached Files:

  2. Vin

    Vin Active Member

    The knobs are isolation valves.
    They allow you to isolate the boiler from the respective pipework.
  3. Movieman334

    Movieman334 Member

    Thanks a lot of in do you know which ones I should turn to isolate the magnetic filter and also which one should I turn to top up the boiler as the pressure is running a little bit low thanks
  4. The Teach

    The Teach Well-Known Member

    lots of valves :D

    From left -right (under boiler)
    black=central heating flow isolation use.
    yellow=inlet gas use.
    blue=cold water inlet combined isolation & filling loop.user use.
    blue=filling loop.user use.
    black (uncircled)=central heating return isolation use.

    Floor level.
    black circled and uncircled same valve above=magaclean isolation valves.
    brass stopcock=mains water optimal fitment.

    Like everything these days youtube has videos.
    top up pressure on your boiler,
    magna cleaning

    when its all put back together during re-pressurising The magna clean could leak water from the lid.When that happens we exchange the complete magaclean :(.

    The tools are available from magnaclean parent company adey or ebay :) Although the lid is just above handtight.

    good luck :)
    Vin likes this.
  5. Movieman334

    Movieman334 Member

    Brilliant thanks for such a comprehensive reply. I've ordered a replacement magnaclean spanner and I had no idea to turn both the blue taps under the boiler!

Share This Page