Basic help, thermostat wiring

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Darren Stanbridge, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Darren Stanbridge

Darren Stanbridge New Member

Hi guys,

apologies for how basic this probably is but any help would be really appreciated.

I'm going from an old 3 wire Honeywell to a generic wifi thermostat, a becasmart series 6000.

I've managed to get power to the unit but I'm unable to get the thermostat to actually activate the heating. I've contacted the seller but I don't actually understand what they mean. Could anyone put this into layman's terms or shall I give up before I blow myself up?

I've attached a photo of the wires for the Honeywell that's currently attached and their response. They state the I need to 'add a electric wire to connect 1 and 4'

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Tricky Dicky

Tricky Dicky Screwfix Select

Hi, I'm assuming that the new 'Becasmart series 6000' lights up, but does not switch the heating on.
    All you need to do now is to connect an extra short piece of wire (link) from pin 1 to pin 4, whilst leaving all the other wires still connected.
    This 'link' was internally fitted inside your old thermostat, ( ie was there but could not be seen) and you have to provide the necessary link externally yourself.
    You should then be OK to go.
    Regards

3. Darren Stanbridge

Darren Stanbridge New Member

Ah yeah, that makes sense, when I had the old stat off the wall it did appear that they were connected 'behind the scenes'. I'll give that a go, thanks so much!

4. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

The missing link, common error.