basin and pedestal

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by westbrom22, Dec 4, 2003.

1. westbrom22

westbrom22 New Member

I'm in the process of sortin out my bathroom - - -have just removed the basin and pedestal and noticed they were joined together with a couple of bolts. The basin/pedestal I have bought to replace it has no such bolts - - - so, what do I use to join basin to pedestal or does basin just sit on top?

2. eyetry

eyetry New Member

Your basin will screw to the wall and just sit on the ped. I have seen some kind of mastic on some fits to join the two but someone more knowledgable will tell you that.

3. westbrom22

westbrom22 New Member

thanks, mate - -will 'carry on watchin' then .

4. marc

marc New Member

the basin srews to the wall and the pedestal will screw into the floor,u dont need to join them but you can use a little silicon on the top of the pedestal.Also the back nuts you get with the taps they are plastic,they fit under the basin onto the taps and pull the tap down tightly,if they are plastic then go buy a couple of brass back nuts as they can be done up tighter and stop the taps moving around,this applys to all taps,do not over tighten though as you can crack the sink