basin waste just won't stop leaking

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by twice_knightly, Jun 14, 2006.

1. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

To reinforce this fact look at picture below.
    The plumbers mate is from previous attempts to seal the leak. (never worked)
    Jelly washers readily available.
    IMG_20190209_160447.jpg

2. dax

dax New Member

I've been having trouble sealing a slotted waste (water leaking down the thread). I took the advice from this forum and used the Thomas Dudley cone shaped sealing kit ----- http://www.screwfix.com/p/thomas-dudley-ltd-basin-waste-seal-kit-3-piece-set/8795r
    So easy to fit, especially with a little silicone grease.
    Many thanks for the advice, without it I would still be struggling with thread seal, silicone sealant and assorted washers.

3. Kevin Moore

Kevin Moore New Member

Although a DIY'er; a very accomplished one and never struggled with a leaking basin waste seal before; but this one :( :( :).... Looking at various advice above, I opted for a 'Thomas Dudley Ltd Basin Waste Seal Kit 3 Piece Set' as sold by Screwfix. I was doubtful when I ordered it, doubtful when I fitted it, and doubtful when I tested it. BUT..... Worked a treat with no horrid sealant and no nearly as horrid plumbers mate. I did use a ptfe tape on the thread because these bloomin double slotted basin wastes are a pain in the ****. Anyway. Thanks for the bother people have taken to post their experiences and I appear to have cracked it (not the basin) :)