Bath filler/shower mixer through one tap hole?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by diymostthings, Jan 24, 2023.

1. diymostthings

diymostthings Well-Known Member

Hi - My son's bath (new build) has a single tap hole with a lever mixer tap for filling the bath. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy a bath filler with thermostatic mixer valve to feed a shower head, onlt using the single tap hole.
    Many thanks for any thoughts/suggestions
    diymostthings

2. Yes, search ‘monobloc bath shower mixer’ there are many available at different prices.

3. diymostthings

Many thanks for that - but I had seen these. They difference is that I need a thermostated shower outlet. With the type you mentioned (thanks for the link) the water temp is controlled with the position of the lever. While this is fine for filling the bath I think it could be dangerous if used to manually set shower temperature if not thermostated. Someone using cold water in another room could give scalding ware from the bath mixer?

4. Sorry I didn’t read your post right, I missed the thermostatic part. I’m not sure they do them tbh, I can’t recall seeing one

5. Post a photo of the bath, may be able to suggest other options. It might have a thermostatic mixer already under the bath as well that can be set to a maximum temperature.

6. diymostthings

Many thanks for your replies pppmaca43. I hadn't thought of a blender valve under the bath feeding the taps. That should do nicely. I understand that it is now obligatory to fit blender valves now to avoid scalding.
    diymostthings

Deleted member 246321 likes this.