Bath panel pricing

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by nakedterry, Nov 6, 2006.

1. nakedterry

nakedterry New Member

I am a decent DIYer and have fitted a couple of kitchens and a bathroom (as well as the rest of my gaff), word of this has gotten around my work and now people want me to do a few jobs that they have trouble getting a pro in for.

One woman wants some bath panels fitted. This will be no problem but I dont know what to charge.
    I will be building a 2x2 frame and fitting to it, possibly with magnets or velcro and finally sealing the edges. I reckon it would take me 1/2 a day.

I am in NI if that helps.

2. STGO

STGO New Member

hello naked,
    maybe you can charge an hourly rate, dunno what you would get away with for friends and neighbours in NI (where exactly are you, i know people over there)
    i would be looking at 25 quid an hour plus parts plus vat, but mates rates are a different thing altogether.

3. nakedterry

nakedterry New Member

Yeah, I think you are right STGO. It could get akward as we work in the same office to so I will keep it cheap, maybe just £40 or so.
    Im going round to size up the job later, with any luck I won't even need to build the frame, so it could be a very quick task.

Thanks
    TERRY

4. nakedterry

nakedterry New Member

BTW, I am in Belfast.