Bath Shower Mixer

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by MarkTil, Nov 29, 2019.

1. MarkTil

MarkTil New Member

Any recommendations on a deck-mounted shower mixer? Or a bar with extension legs? Does it need to be a thermostatic mixer?

Looking to install it myself, would be cutting the rigid and adding flexi with valves. First time doing something like this any advice or call a plumber?

Suppliers and brands to avoid if self-installing?

2. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Definitely go thermostatic. Bit of pot luck choosing, the really trendy expensive ones are not always the best value, basic ranges like Bristan and Tre Mercati are not bad avoid anything unbranded on Amazon or eBay I have a swirl Screwfix's own brand wall mounted in one bathroom and a Bristan deck I think it is in the ensuite both work fine, but the bath mixer thermostat works on the bath filler as well as the shower which is a bit of a pain so check if the one you buy does that.

3. MarkTil

MarkTil New Member

Yeah, I wouldn't go for an off-brand product. The issue I am having is finding a 2 pillar deck mounted mixer that is thermostatic. Screwfix doesn't seem to offer any, Victoria plumb seems to offer eBay products that I wouldn't trust and have already been warned to avoid them.

That's why I asked if it needs to be thermostatic, because if not Screwfix offers a decent range of solutions that are affordable.