Bath tap hole co** up!

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Sparks., Apr 8, 2016.

1. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

It's ok...you've fessed' up and 'we're all' a bit more knowledgable :)

2. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Yep.

And I would think that maybe the stoppers might be too close to the new tap fixing hole to be of any use. You can't just move the set 30mm, you need to extend each hole by 15mm to keep it central. Or it's a bodge.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

longboat and KIAB like this.
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Can't expect a spark to think of that bodge...:rolleyes:

4. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

You could always make good with a carefully applied bead of silicon! :rolleyes::D

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It's a rental :eek::eek:

6. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Give em one tap.... Cold.:D

7. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Or if he's a decent landlord,
    Give them a choice:)

8. Sparks.

Sparks. Member

Don't be silly, do I look that stupid to you? I used one of the holes and drilled another 180mm from it. That way I only have one neatly blanked hole :)

9. James Devon

James Devon New Member

10. James, what style of tap are you hoping to use?

I mean, I thought 'cranked' meant you could rotate the cranks to suit pretty much any width - but obviously this ain't what you are talking about.

Anyhoo, a 'normal' mixer tap - the kind with a flat solid base all along its bottom (eg: http://www.screwfix.com/p/swirl-fixed-bath-shower-mixer/91170 ) will cover Mr Ha's idea above, trimming a further 15mm out sideways from each current hole.

I'm obviously missing something here, 'cos I don't see what the 'issue' actually is... :oops:

11. Sparks.

Sparks. Member

By cranked I mean they are spaced at 180mm to fit a mixer's standard 150mm outlets. They aren't adjustable. The issue is that if you trim the further 15mm out the mixer base will not quite cover that extra 15mm on the inside of each tap pillar on a thermostatic bar tap.

12. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

just align the cranked stems straight forward keeping the same 150mm distance between them. I think that they are designed for that purpose anyhow - to bring the actual tap further over the bath.

13. Sparks.

Sparks. Member

No mate, they're not. That won't work.

14. Sparks, time to post a bludy photo...

Anyhoo, my suggestion above would require you to swap your current 'pillar' mixer for a typical 'deck' type.

15. Sparks.

Sparks. Member

Ok, I'll take a photo if I'm there tomorrow. In the meantime, maybe you can post me a photo of a 'typical deck type' thermostatic bath/shower mixer?? (without pillars)

16. Post #30, man... :(

Sigh - why do I bother... :rolleyes:

:)

17. Sparks.

Sparks. Member

Post 30 shows a link to a tap which is NOT thermostatic DA. All I'm asking is that you show me a thermostatic version because otherwise it's useless....

18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Because this is your life now?

19. Sparks.

Sparks. Member

Still waiting for that pic of a thermostatic tap with 150 centers DA, or have you now realised it doesn't actually exist?

Anyhoo, the client didn't even notice the extra hole and was too busy admiring the tiles :) All's well that ends well ... bath.jpg

KIAB likes this.
  20. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

For a bodge,I am impress.:p

Your tiling...o_O