Bathroom cabinets...

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by woodbine, Aug 4, 2019.

1. woodbine

woodbine New Member

Not exactly kitchens, but close.
    I want to fit some wall hung base units in our bathroom. Wall hung as in no legs. The units are designed for this, with Blum fittings up to 200kg.
    I'd like to batten them off the wall with some CLS 38x63 I have lying around. This would allow a deeper worktop and allow waste pipes to pass freely.
    I was going to fix a batten at the top and the bottom, then also screw a length of board on the lower batten to create a 'shelf' for the units to rest on.
    I think this should give enough support.
    Walls are very solid concrete block.

2. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Well-Known Member

Are you asking us something or just telling us your plans?

3. woodbine

woodbine New Member

Both really, having not done something like this before where cabinets hung without legs.

4. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Well-Known Member

Assuming you're not hanging the pan on it I wouldn't anticipate any problems. I did exactly the same for some kitchen wall cabinets to bring them out past the line of a boiler I was also enclosing. That was 20 years ago and they're still up.
    I made a CLS subframe (half lap joints, glued and screwed), hung that on the wall with cabinet brackets and then fixed the cabinets to that with brackets as well. I was able to conceal the exposed CLS at the end with an offcut of a cabinet side (no end panels then).
    I didn't need the bottom shelf you're describing.
    Good luck.

5. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Well-Known Member

If you're doing what I think you're doing - using wall cabs as bathroom base cabs, just buy some legs - much easier to level up.

6. Mike58

Mike58 Active Member

Why not order the cabinets with a greater depth?

7. woodbine

woodbine New Member

Thanks for all the help. Fixing some 38mm CLS top and bottom, using supplied legs to get things levelled up, then secure to battens.