Bathroom Design

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by ramsden, Mar 1, 2007.

1. ramsden

ramsden New Member

I've done a little bit of tiling in my kitchen. But would appreciate some general advice on my bathroom. It's a small room, probably about 5 square metres. In there I'm cramming a small white delta bath, small sink and a toilet. As there is little space in there and we have a small amount of moisture collection/mould on the walls... I was thinking of tiling all the walls and floor to try to protect it - a bit like a 'wet room'. Can anyone suggest a design or even a specific tile to do this with? I'm really looking for inspiration to maximize what little space I have. I'm not very good at this bit! Maybe one of you out there has experience tiling a small bathroom space in this way?

Thanks in advance.

2. Mad Print

Mad Print New Member

It sounds a bit like the bathroom in my old place - we used to have to redecorate about once a year. If it was me I'd concentrate on making sure it's adequately heated and ventilated, otherwise you'll just end up with condensation pouring down your nice new tiles.

3. jasonb

jasonb New Member

Any warm moist air in the room will condensate on the cold walls. I would fit an extractor fan with a humidistat that will come on automatically when the moisture level rises.

Jason