Bathroom door latch

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Suraj Garg, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Suraj Garg

Suraj Garg New Member

I am looking at replacing the latch (and only the latch as the rest of the mechanism works fine) of our bathroom door. The latch has a part on the inside which is used to lock from inside and also an external part which has a slot in case one has to open it from outside.

I am looking for this specific part only but can't seem to find it anywhere online. I don't want to replace the entire thing. Can anyone point me to where I can find the said part or set of parts?

Thanks!

2. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

3. Suraj Garg

Suraj Garg New Member

4. I-Man

I-Man Screwfix Select

put up a photo of what you've currently got

5. Suraj Garg

Suraj Garg New Member

I've added the pics now. Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

6. I-Man

I-Man Screwfix Select

put up pics of the latch, i.e. the side of the door

7. Suraj Garg

Suraj Garg New Member

Attached Files:

8. I-Man

I-Man Screwfix Select

you'll have to replace the entire unit..

What's wrong with the latch?

9. Suraj Garg

Suraj Garg New Member

If you look at the first pic, the outer knob is missing. This makes the knob on the inside removable. This is a risk for someone to get locked in and no way to unlock from outside. Given that there are kids at home. So looking at replacing the knob-spindle set only and not really the entire mechanism.

The other option would be to replace the entire mechanism then, which I want to avoid!

10. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

You may be able to scavenge a suitable pair of bright chrome knobs from a turnkey set as a cheap option.

I-Man likes this.
  11. I-Man

I-Man Screwfix Select

Like flybynight said, maybe be able to buy a cheaper set and use the parts from there

12. jacobite

jacobite Member

Carlisle brass sp104cp spindle for turn and release for bathroom 4.9mm 67mm spindle polished chrome at 6.14 on line.Hardwareand handles.

Suraj Garg likes this.
  13. Suraj Garg

Suraj Garg New Member

I finally found what I was looking for. @jacobite thanks, I saw your message only. I got one from amazon 'Brass Polished Chrome Plated Bathroom Thumb Turn Replacement Spindle Door Lock'. Another name for this is bathroom snib bar.