bathroom fan needs replacing in Northampton ??

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by spindle, Jan 7, 2010.

1. spindle

spindle New Member

Hi
    I would one of these fitted would anyone like to price please in Northampton

I currently have a fan fitted with an isolator fitted into the airing cupboard but the fan does not seem upto the job.

I have a four inch hole from the loft to the outside wall and was thinking as this fan is five inch the hole could stay as four but have a reducer fitted

[Edited by: admin]

2. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Why didn't you buy a 4in Duct Fan, Spindle?

3. spindle

spindle New Member

i have not purchased anything yet, i was just thinking the 5 inch one would be better and have more power

4. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Seems a lot of messing about fitting adapters and stuff when you can either A..buy the correct size duct for the fan, or B..fit a fan to suit duct size, in this case a 100mm (4in) one. Saying that maybe you can buy simple adaptors and stuff designed specifically for what you propose. I don't know if they exist or not myself.

5. spindle

spindle New Member

i was thinking 5 inch fan, 5 inch ducting then into a 4 inch reducer to go out of 4 inch hole in wall

[Edited by: admin]

6. ahop

ahop New Member

Hi Spindle
    I am based in Northampton if you want me to come and have a look.
    Please contact me at ahopperelectrical@live.co.uk
    many thanks

7. WojtaÅ›

WojtaÅ› New Member