Bathroom floor?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Liam9, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Liam9

Liam9 New Member

I want to time my bathroom floor currently its got vinyl and floor boards. Would i remove existing floorboards replace with 22mm ply and a 6mm aqua backer board waterproof ready for tiling? Is this the correct method? If so any advice on materials?

Thank you

Liam

2. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

There are lots of methods. To save a lot of hassle you could make sure the existing floorboards are properly screwed down to the joists then screw the 6mm backer board directly on top of them, you could also use PU glue under the backer boards in addition to the screws to take up any tiny gaps that may not pull down tight.

3. Mkol

Mkol Member

Ive done various methods, most recently, made sure floorboards were screwed securely then screwed Wickes aquapanel directly over the top. use fixings that wont rust.
    in the past i have also used 10 or 12mm ply boards but they are becoming expensive.
    dont scrimp on the amount of screws when fixing the boards and the panel/ply, and as always take care to avoid pipes and cables beneath the boards when screwing.