Bathroom ideas please!

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by rkc86, Sep 24, 2021.

1. rkc86

rkc86 New Member

Looking for bathroom ideas please in my flat. Bathroom only small as next room is separate toilet. Measures approximately 1.5m x 1.0m

Tiles - which size? I'm thinking 2 colours (possibly 3). Wall tiles 600 x 300 ceramic maybe? What size floor should I get? I don't want same size as wall. Will this be porcelain or go ceramic all over?

Should I stick with 1 colour on wall and another colour on floor? 3rd colour I'm thinking either in the shower area or behind the towel rail from top to bottom or keep it simple to 2 colours?

Shower tray will be in 3 walls - 1400 x 700. 900mm glass panel long enough with 500mm walk-in? Should I include 300m hinged flipper panel?

Concealed or exposed thermostatic shower mixer valve?

Should I get tradesman to carve a out a space storage to hold shampoo, etc out of the stud wall?

Many thanks!

2. Tiles is personal choice, find idea on sites like Pinterest.
    I would go for an exposed shower, a branded bar mixer is so easy for future maintenance. Even if u can’t get parts u can change the whole shower with ease. Also very easy to install using the fast fix brackets.
    I’ve got a 1400 tray with a 1200 side shower screen and spray still finds it’s way out so I would definitely recommend the hinged screen.

ElecCEng likes this.
  3. rkc86

rkc86 New Member

Would you say gel coated resin or ceramic basin is better for wall hung vanity unit?

4. I’ve got a resin basin but normally only fit ceramic at work. I would go for whatever basin u like the look of that fits

5. dcox

dcox Screwfix Select

If your room is only 1500 x 1000 I can’t see how you can fit a 1400 x 700 enclosure and still have space for a vanity unit. Got a plan?

6. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

This was a small bathroom I did for a friend. C6821DCA-1263-4A77-9754-A30AC4B5DCE3.jpeg 45383038-9E54-4FCD-86CA-7D03FF2F90D1.jpeg 38E651A0-F66C-4438-BD47-8F09985A7B86.jpeg

slightly bigger than yours, but not much.

May give you a few ideas.

It originally had a very small door as it had a bath squeezed in it on the LHS with a sink under the window on the RHS. I removed the block work wall and studded it so we could fit a standard 2’3” door. The only way that maked use of the space and gave a decent size shower was to fit it across the window. This was battened off, insulated, backer boarded and tanked along with the rest of the shower cubicle. Tiles on window cill are on a slight angle to help water run off. Small wall hung vanity and you can just see a small wall mounted cupboard right by the door.

one extra bonus was that the ceiling had tongue and groove panelling on. Pulled this down and found about an extra foot of headspace above.

Towel rad just behind the door.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  7. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

Corner vanity unit maybe to squeeze the last bit of space out?

8. ElecCEng

ElecCEng Screwfix Select

Great job! I think there’s something reasonably timeless about those marble style tiles if you can’t decide/don’t have a preference on the style. An extractor actually over the shower too! ;)

CGN likes this.
  9. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Thank you.

His preference reg tiles, but yes I agree. Greys are popular too. Just ceramic but of a good quality.

Wall hung vanity helps make the space seem bigger.

He was very happy. So happy that I ended up taking his whole house back to brick and refurbing it room by room. :eek:

ElecCEng likes this.
  10. woodbutcherbower

woodbutcherbower Screwfix Select

Lovely job mate.

CGN and ElecCEng like this.
  11. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Thank you.