Bathroom Soil Pipe Route

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Mallon, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Mallon

Mallon New Member

I am having my bathroom remodelled and was in bathstore at the weekend.

The first picture shows the existing toilet / soil route.

The second picture shows the new design the bathstore guy came up with which shows the soil pipe routing under the bath and out of the wall. This will mean a total of 3 / 4 90 degree bends if you include the pan connector. He informed me this was fine as long as the fall was ok.

Other option picture 3 is to keep the second design and core and new hole in the wall to minimise the bends but this will up the costs.

Is option 2 viable or ? The distances are short.

Any Help Would be appreciated.

Option 1

SOIL ROUTE 1.JPG

Option 2

SOIL ROUTE 2.JPG

Option 3

soil route 3.JPG

2. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

Option 3 only ;)

Dave does Gas likes this.
  3. rogerk101

rogerk101 Screwfix Select

I would stick with option 1 but narrow the basin down so I could use a full length bath. You could even put in an extra long bath as you've got more than 2m to play with.
    Much better than options 2 and 3.

4. Mallon

Mallon New Member

Hi Roger , Only problem with that is the bath is right under the window then but suppose you can put a fall on the window ledge with the tiles?

thanks shaun

5. rogerk101

rogerk101 Screwfix Select

By your comment above Shaun, it seems that the bath is used as a shower as well as a bath.
    I've seen some pretty good solutions to that problem which involve installing a glass shower screen in the window socket such that it is flush with the tiles on the walls near it. With such a layout, you would only need the slightest fall (1% or 2%) on the window sill just in case any shower splashes got onto the part of the window sill that wasn't covered with the shower screen. You would only cover half of the window with the shower screen (the one nearest the shower), so the other half of the window is still open to the room, allowing you to open the window for ventilation, and giving you access to it for cleaning.

6. Sheelin

Sheelin New Member

Option 3 is the only sensible option. Option 2 is a silly idea as you wouldn't be able to use the existing hole in the wall as it would be too high.

Dave does Gas likes this.
  7. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Agree with above Option 3 is the only sensible option