Baxi 105e what is wrong?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Rockford, Dec 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

That’s the problem. Part 82 isn’t shown on the exploded diagram.
    It’s just listed as ‘not shown’.
    It will be situated at one side of the bypass pipe.

2. Rockford

Rockford New Member

clocked the Venturi on page 36 of the manual you posted Mike, on the inlet/return manifold, it’s a bugger to get to but I’ll be sure to get to it on Saturday. Thanks for all your help mike and DA tops much appreciated :)

3. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

Have you actually exchanged the complete diverter valve ? tell us the part number.

Is there an external bypass valve ?,usually if fitted below the boiler and the floor.

How many radiators are fitted ?

The early link to the manual was not your boiler unless you have the 'instant' model,most literature for potterton/baxi and the companies they took over are here http://interpart.partsarena.eu/
    Its a bit of a scroll through, boiler-baxi-combi-combi 105e-then chose installation instructions or parts list.

4. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

Edit,the venturi is a domestic hot water part,not radiator related.

you will need a 24mm ring spanner to extract it but dont bother as they can break up during removal and create further problems.

5. Rockford

Rockford New Member

Hi Teach,
    No I’ve not replaced it just refurbed it with new diaphragm, pushrods, O rings part #248061 GC#E66 432

BR

Rockford

6. Rockford

Rockford New Member

No external bypass, 9 rads, 1 very big double and 1 very small single, the rest are about 600 x 1800 doubles, towel rail and an underfloor heating pipe spiral.

BR

R

7. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

Sorry not part 82. The auto bypass is in the rear of the diverter valve. It's not a separate spare.

8. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

Part 82 looks a little like an auto bypass. But ain't.

9. Rockford

Rockford New Member

Thanks for the update :)

10. My money is still on the diverter valve for the simple reason that it was faulty before, and a sticking (partially open/closed) diverter can give these exact symptoms - a reduced CH flow. (I know, because mine did).

Although new internal parts were fitted, there's a chance that the body innards are still calcified.

11. Rockford

Rockford New Member

Thanks DA, tbh I was going to take another look at it anyway and apply some silicone grease!

12. Can you manually test it before fitting and check that it operates smoothly?

13. Rockford

Rockford New Member

there’s nothing obvious to test it whilst in situ, you can push the rod a little once it’s out and they return fine on the spring but you can’t see in the chamber to see that it’s opening and closing the relative inlets/outlets that it’s supposed to, I give it another good look though to be sure, I’ll upload some pieces too.

14. Rockford

Rockford New Member

Is that David Davies?

15. Rockford

Rockford New Member

The picture says it all doesn’t it! No update this weekend folks, kids have a chest infection on antibiotics so can’t turn what heating I have off :( if I turn the gauge up to high the rads do eventually get hot but it’s defo not right there’s defo a flow problem. Might get chance in the week but I’ll keep you posted. Thanks for all the help and advice so far it’s been a real help.

16. Rockford

Rockford New Member

Poorly family this weekend so I can’t start to dismantle the boiler, might have to wait until next weekend or if I’m lucky midweek

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  17. Think positive - it's good to get all these infections sorted before Chrimbo :)

18. Rockford

Rockford New Member

Finally managed to have another bash at it but no dice I’m afraid, pretty much stripped it down and rebuilt it now???? Can’t find any blockages anywhere, starting to lose my mind a bit. Gonna knock it on the head until after Christmas because it kinda works and taking the main heat exchange of the top nearly kinda foobarred it totally so “if it ain’t broke...” even though it kinda is... it’s either the pump ain’t pumping like it should, even though it seems fine when I test it externally, or the diverter ain’t diverting but I checked it against a new one and it looks fine all the springs and pushrods are in the right place and move like you’d expect them too... If there is a restriction somewhere it would have to be close to the pump because there’s a T off to upstairs within a meter of the boiler so if it was anywhere else I’d expect the upstairs rads to be fine or the downstairs rads to be fine but all rads are cooler at the bottom which suggests the flow is restricted, I’m going around in circles.

Thanks again

Rockford

19. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Wack some Sentinel X400 cleaner in system for a few weeks.
    You got a magnetic filter fitted?