BBC news - dumbing down?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Muzungu, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

With a bit of luck it will change the DNA of the people who think that it does...(that's a joke by the way).

2. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

Come on @BiancoTheGiraffe, you don't really believe that do you? No one is being "forced" to have the app on their phone, I don't.

I don't really mind those who subscribe to these conspiracy theories, we all need a bit of a chuckle these days.

3. BiancoTheGiraffe

BiancoTheGiraffe Screwfix Select

Seriously?!

Have you not been reading the news?

Have you not been seeing the "adverts" that are currently targetting young people telling them that they'll "miss out on the fun stuff" if they don't have the jab and get their "vaccine passport"?

4. BiancoTheGiraffe

Have you learnt nothing from the past year?

Look at how often things have been branded as conspiracy theories and then become part of life a month or so later!

5. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

I repeat, no one is being "forced" to have the app on their phone, they just aren't, and the passport can be a bit of paper. You keep exaggerating things to suit.

6. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

You keep making these generalised comments without giving any specifics. Enlighten us.

7. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

When it comes to science and technology, BBC gave up with the demise of Tomorrows World and later Horizon. The last few years of Horizon were nothing like the earlier versions, full of aimless analogy and visualisation that explained nothing. Like Laura K, Palab Ghosh is the last of the science correspondents that can explain but asked to dumb down and explain in a few short sound bites and as a result borders on inaccurate.

Not surprising as even the govt ministers have lumped, science Technology and maths as one and keep referring to STM.

not surprising BBC could not explain the icing up of fuel heater on the plane that crash landed.

Sadly most other channels are not much better when it comes to science and technology, dumbing down being the operative word.

Having said that, Sky’s Chernobyl was the perfect blend of a human story with none of the hard science taken away. Proof that it can be done.

Muzungu likes this.
  8. BiancoTheGiraffe

Vaccinating children?!

It wasn't long ago that the covid vaccine was only for the elderly and those at risk, people who said it wouldn't stop there were branded as conspiracy theorists!

9. BiancoTheGiraffe

The primary means of accessing the "vaccine pass" is the app for god sake! That's on the bloody NHS website!

I assume you're just another of the ***** who think that it's "free choice".

10. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

Were they? Who branded them as conspiracy theorists? Again, no specifics just statements that you put forward as facts.

11. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

I didn't say it wasn't. I said you were not being forced to have the app and that a paper version is available. I am becoming seriously concerned as to your ability to comprehend and process printed information, which actually goes come way to explaining your world view.

12. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

Giving proof is a waste of time??? Bizarre.

13. BiancoTheGiraffe

And demanding proof of everything someone says is just evidence that you're a bit of a prat...

We all know that people have been accused of being conspiracy theorists over the past 18 months. We all know that many of those "conspiracy theories" have later come to pass...

If you've missed that then you're clearly a bit naiive....

14. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

I am genuinely lost for words. If you can't see the problem with what you have just typed then I am afraid I can't help you out.

15. BiancoTheGiraffe

Got any evidence for that?

16. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

That merely proves what I have been saying all along. You are unable to make the distinction between a statement of feeling and a statement of fact that refers to external evidence.

17. BiancoTheGiraffe

Wow... You really don't get it do you?

I bet you actually think you're being clever!

Goodbye

18. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

Not really, it's a bit too much like shooting fish in a barrel for me.

19. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I don't believe that the government (of this country and all others in the world) or the 'elite' class - those who have a couple of hundred million at least in the bank - are colluding together to bring about some kind of reset to the detriment of the vast majority of us proles.
    Take a look at where the greatest restrictions on everyday freedoms have been implemented....
    The West.
    The countries where the "impartial" media, the "free press" and the scurge of social media has prevailed.
    Our quasi leaders are imprisoned by these morons and we willingly hand them the keys to the cell.

The elites do what they've always done, pay for privilege, and yet we all dream of having it.

20. I-Man

I-Man Screwfix Select

Oh *** lads... . Get back to talking about fixing a dodgy tiling job or debating over what type of paint to use in your bathroom.