BBC radio 2

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by retiredsparks, Jan 14, 2019.

1. blarblarblarblar

blarblarblarblar Active Member

Bring back Chris Evans.

2. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

Dinky
    I put it to the jury that you are, in, fact a liar of the first order !
    I have studied that picture and can say without fear of contradiction that your wife, the lady in question, the one in the picture, does not indeed own such a colourful helmet and always wears her dark brown one.
    :D

3. dinkydo

dinkydo Screwfix Select

:eek:

blarblarblarblar likes this.
  4. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Not sure he needs bringing back. If you want to listen to him just retune next Monday.

He is off to the twilight zone inhabited by Chris Moyles and those clowns off Top Gear.

Cash rich but listener/viewer poor.

5. blarblarblarblar

Bit harsh, considering you’re his BIGGEST fan.

6. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

I think you know i can be harsher than that...but the moderators wont let me talk about a cows horn and molten lead anymore.

:)
    RS

7. dinkydo

dinkydo Screwfix Select

At this point I am not sure how you know about the dark brown one, suffice to say she has a couple of helmets and is away at the workshop at the mo, rest assured I will speak to her later

8. blarblarblarblar

9. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

Chris is far too self obssesed. I like "pick of the pops" best. Pop master is good and I like Ken Bruce although Trevor Nelson plays better music than Ken does when he stands in for him during the school holidays. So perhaps the DJs do get to pick some of the music that they play after all?

10. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Ken Bruce is the king.

I know how my day is going by how much is done by Popmaster.

I agree Evans is too self obsessed.

All his shows are about how his own life is going.

11. Joe the Plumber

Joe the Plumber Screwfix Select

Sadly, Radio 2 is quite popular amongst my customers, so I have to endure it at some point most weeks.

Still, it could be worse I suppose. Occasionally the customers have local radio on.

"It's 11am. This is * FM...."

Silence is golden.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2019
  12. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

GEM?

13. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I've never been a fan of Moyles although the listener figures were always good on his radio 1 slot. What's he doing now?

Top gear, viewing figures, however, have never been surpassed- before or since- Clarkson, May, and Hammond were at the helm.
    The BBC dumped the flagship shows presenters because of pressure brought on by virtue signalling turds like yourself.
    I dare say they've regretted the decision ever since.

Deleted member 11267 likes this.
  14. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

If the Beeb regret it, it must be bad. :D

But yes Clarkson was ousted because of people being offended on behalf of others, Hammond & May just followed him out.

As for Moyles, he's another that deserves a metaphorical slap.
    He loved himself ( saviour of Radio 1) more than Evens ever could.

15. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Moyles was very good to start with.

I used to listen to him on the 4am slot on Radio 1.

He was funny, innovative and really different to listen to.

He just became boring and smug.

Clarkson wasnt forced out he was the architect of his own downfall.

And his little lackies followed him.

16. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I think it's more likely that they regret their adherence to the whimsical ways of the twitterati more than anything, but, they have made their bed and so they must lie in it.

17. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Here's a gold star for searching the net looking for something good to say about, Moyles.
    Do you BS offline in the real world as much as you do online?

18. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Of course he was forced out, not only forced out but forced out by the usual BBC PC brigade............................all he did was lump a thick producer ***.
    Maybe you forget that as BBC licence payers, the more money the BBC can get for shows sold overseas, the less the BBC have to screw from us. As Clarkson and his "lackies" are now with Amazon earning 5 or 6 times what the BBC paid them and earning Amazon hundreds if not thousands more than that amount..................who are the real big loosers out of this ?. The answer is us the licence payers. No one watches top gear anymore more, it's ****. The BBC will never be able to sell it abroad again because it is **** now....................who's fault is that ? the BBC's is the answer. Clarkson and his "laccies" are now seen in real time around the globe by more peeps than ever watched or paid for Top Gear in the first place.

19. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

The BBC got lots of value out of Clarkson. Top Gear with those three was tired and had come to the end of the road. They were phoning it in by the end

Clarkson knew it too.

I gave a customer a discount once because he had one of Clarksons books hanging up for toilet paper.

kitfit1 likes this.
  20. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

:D