Be careful if you want Parcelforce to deliver on a particular day.

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by GrahamHHH, May 15, 2021.

1. GrahamHHH

GrahamHHH New Member

I ticked the Saturday delivery box for an order from Screwfix.

The consignment was split into 2 packages. The first package was delivered on Friday when no one was home and they left no note as to what happens next. The consequence of this is that Parcelforce will then attempt a redelivery on the next working day - Monday (when no one is at home).
    Evidently Parcelforce will deliver the parcel the next day after they receive it from Screwfix irrespective of the order day you request!

Maybe Screwfix should consider using a different delivery company.

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

You need to find a courier company that can read and speak the Queens English.

3. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

I placed an order for a new "router" at over £350 so I wanted to be sure I was here. Despatched yesterday afternoon on "next day service" which would normally mean Monday - not a problem. At around 1:00 AM I checked and it was showing Monday delivery, so time for another large measure of Speyside's finest. Having a lie in this morning when suddenly at 8:03 a bang on the door - DPD delivering the router.

4. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

It should read on the given date or before. The whole logistic industry is literally changing by the day. Some last leg vans are covering just 10 square miles in a 12 hour shifts within large cities. One item from I ordered from China had a 3 - 4 week delivery window and I was in no hurry but tracked it daily. For the first three days it was waiting collection from courier, then suddenly it started moving. Shop to depot 4 hours, then onto hub in another 8, airport in another 4 and 10 hours later it’s in UK and to my door in 3 days after its arrival here. Others with an estimated 7 days delivery all within UK have turned up in 36 HOURS. The driver seems to be size of the intermediate hubs and how full they are as during Xmas even slow post runs on an express basis.

5. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

Parcel force are an utter joke. Despite leaving specific instruction to leave parcels in my safe place they insist on taking the parcel to the nearest post office which is further away from the branch. My normal approach is to cancel the order and get screwfix to get the parcel back somehow. I don’t care tbh