Bed for a large person

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Wazza121, May 9, 2022.

1. Wazza121

Wazza121 New Member

Hi, I am looking for a king size complete bed. The base, mattress (medium firm/firm) and headboard. I weigh around 30 stone and my partner about 12 stone. Can anyone be kind enough to give me any recommendations?

2. MRY

MRY Screwfix Select

Buy one at a bed shop. Look online and visit shops. You will need bedding too if you haven't alrady got it. Ditto mattress.

If you want second-hand, eBay or charity chops.

I took a super king sized bed to a Sue Ryder shop not long ago. An ickyea one. I hope they got £20 for it. A super king sized bed is the same, roughly, as two singles pushed together. You'll need a big room for such things.

Wazza121 likes this.
  3. You could try Harrison Spinks, Relyon or Hypnos speak to their sales and see what they recommend

edit: Tempur may also be suitable but on a solid base.

Wazza121 likes this.
  4. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Travis Perkins

I-Man and Astramax like this.
  5. I-Man

I-Man Screwfix Select

Surely you would visit bed & furniture stores?

Wazza121 likes this.
  6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Got to be a 'wind up.

7. Wazza121

Wazza121 New Member

Been to a few but there have no idea of what the weight limit is or the stock they have are for an average person.
    Some are mainly aimed at selling the mattress but I want a sturdy base as well.
    In all honesty my current mattress and base are standard items. Had the base for over 16 years. Just want to upgrade

8. AnotherTopJob

AnotherTopJob Screwfix Select

What type of base do you have currently? If it's lasted 16 years without any problems, go for something similar. The only type to definitely avoid would be a divan type as they are pretty cheap and flimsy.

Worth a look on Facebook marketplace, there always tends to be plenty of choice.

To choose a suitable mattress have a look on Amazon, the reviews will help you decide what might be suitable.

Wazza121 likes this.
  9. Tilt

Tilt Screwfix Select

10. Tilt

Tilt Screwfix Select

What bed is best for overweight people?
    "); display: inline-block; height: 24px; width: 24px; margin-top: -1px; transform: rotateZ(-180deg);">

[​IMG]
    The Best Mattresses for Heavy People
    • Best Overall. Titan Luxe Hybrid. SHOP NOW. ...
    • Best Value. DreamCloud Mattress. SHOP NOW. ...
    • Most Comfortable. WinkBed Plus. ...
    • Best for Back Pain. Helix Plus. ...
    • Best Luxury. Saatva Classic. ...
    • Best for Side Sleepers. Nolah Evolution 15. ...
    • Best Cooling. Nectar Premier Copper. ...
    • Best Targeted Support. Leesa Legend.
    More items...

26 Apr 2022

Wazza121 likes this.
  11. MRY

MRY Screwfix Select

Nothing to stop you buying something and reinforcing it. That Titan Luxe thing looks very suitable for barking your shins on.