Bed Mattress

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by masterdiy, Dec 4, 2018.

1. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

And never wipe their todger on the curtains!:p:p

Jord86 likes this.
  2. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

teabreak likes this.
  3. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Recently changed over to a super king size mattress. It was a Argos Silentnight one with pocket springs and a memory foam top layer I think.

Mattress is very comfortable but it does seem to be a bit bouncy when moving around during the night.

Plan is to replace the sprung ply panels with strips of 22mm birch ply and see what happens.

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Got double bed here, replace slats with 18mm ply sheet,firmed up bed nicely.

5. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Cheers for this. Good to know that it will work.

6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Slats are better as a sheet will not let the mattress breath to air it.

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Should have added,the ply sheet has 16mm or 20mm holes drilled in four rows for ventilation.

8. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

Well, if your interested, o_O we have gone for another water-bed.
    A Soft side King size water bed, with a dual mattress & dual heaters.
    Expensive yes, but not as much as teabreak spent on a mattress only!!!.
    Arriving this week. :)

9. b4xtr

b4xtr Active Member

Ah yes, good choice, we've always had soft side but recently changed ours from one mattress to dual plus storage drawers, dual mattress is an improvement on single (although single bag is still great) i like my side a bit warmer than her indoors

masterdiy likes this.
  10. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Afraid I get sea sick easily!:confused:

KIAB and b4xtr like this.
  11. masterdiy

So here you go.
    New King size Soft sided water bed.
    Simply Fantastic.

Dual mattress dual heaters.
    Only thing missing is a coffee maker.
    Still can push the misses out to make one....

Attached Files:

b4xtr likes this.
  12. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Often wondered would the wife say she was seasick rather than having a headache?:p

13. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

About 9 months.

14. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Are you eating the recommended 5 a day..................Wimpy, McDonalds, KFC, Burger King, Dunkin Doughnuts. :D

15. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

We had one of those memory foam mattresses some years back. Within a few years it had developed dementia. ;)

teabreak, masterdiy and retiredsparks like this.
  16. masterdiy

Yes Adam, all good points.
    Having the 2 single wave less mattresses makes all the difference, so comfortable.
    2 heaters too is great, as I am normally warmer than the misses.

But you say " I recently purchased a hard side 100% waveless waterbed."
    That looks like a Soft Side Water Bed to me......

Anyway, enjoy.

17. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Just bought a simba 2500 sprung bed off ebay.. They are 100 day returns so are cleaned and recovered but at £200 vs £750+ it's the way I buy my mattress. Bought a sealy before similar for £150 that was brand new but a mark on the underside so discounted.. Who cares as that was £800+... Still some simba beds left but not all sizes and price has gone up.. Used another added 10% off code but expired now hense we got cheap https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/123009289660

18. Redd1

Redd1 New Member

Bought a memory foam mattress from here. These ones are directly from the manufacturer so priced better than the bigger name ones. The quality is really good and it's lasting me a good while.

19. junkiey

junkiey New Member

I know this is supposed to be a review on the actual Homylink mattress but I honestly could not believe this was indeed a mattress when it was first delivered!
    It was in a rectangle box... I was expecting it just being a mattress wrapped in thick plastic like they do in the shops. But no, I was pleasently suprised to find out on opening the box that it was actually a mattress rolled up like a burrito inside plastic wrap inside the box. Crazy!
    Once the plastic wrapping was opened it sprung out to a full size single mattress! If i hadnt have seen it for myself I would not have believed that it even fit inside the box to begin with. Its mad haha
    Anyway, this mattress although I was sceptical on possible quality due to its low pricing (around £50 I believe) when purchased, it is honestly amazing. It is being used for my 7 year old son to sleep on and he is now having the most comfortable and restful night's sleep ever and he loves having a thick mattress to flop on when he goes to bed.
    I will be purchasing a double for myself when my own needs replacing.
    All in all: Great value for money and a fantastic product that arrived quickly after placing my order. Definately reccommend.