being screwed

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by unspoken, Nov 11, 2008.

1. unspoken

unspoken New Member

EX you are still here preaching your hate then ! and no doubt getting others to join you ! Get a life, set up your own post for the anti's and all sit on that one and enjoy moaning to each other about others with a different attitude to yours.

Joe, thanks for the reply. Stick at it if you need some more customer facing experience.
    Who is it you are grafting for ?

2. kitcheneer

kitcheneer New Member

Unspoken, when are people like you going to think up a better insult than 'get a life'. What a particularly meaningless thing to say. As for preaching hate, since when did talking good sense become preaching hate, since you became the target of it, I expect.

I'm with Ex on this, and the trouble with forums is that anyone can post whatever their honest opinion is, doesn't matter who started the thread, as long as what is being posted is relevant, then it's entitled to be there and to be read by others.

The reason why it is bothering you so much is that he is scoring points. You would be better off dropping it now, do some non-contreversial posts for a while, posts to do with, for instance, kitchen fitting, then revisit this subject when you've got a bit of time and posts under your belt, people might find your spam a bit more convincing. Subtlety is what you need here.

3. unspoken

unspoken New Member

Thanks again kitchenhero, were you a bully at school also ?

4. crybaby@failedmarketingcon.spm

5. unspoken

unspoken New Member

getalifeanonymous@aljazeera?.com

6. kitcheneer

kitcheneer New Member

crybaby@failedmarketingcon.spm

:)

7. unspoken

unspoken New Member

unoriginal@kitchenhero.booboo

8. Nic99

Nic99 New Member

"NIC99, its not fraud to offer work at a cost, you have been told upfront that if you want this work then you will have a fee to pay, and a CLUB to join! surely it can only be fraud if your not aware that you have been CHARGED, to be able to do the work?
    Also it is not fraudulant to sit as a consultant on a company, and try to generate income for that business. As D thomas has not HIDDEN the fact he runs a company and consults with an associated business, i think FRAUD is a shot in the WRONG direction "

I disagree cordless,I think there is NO CONTRACT/WORK .

They have set up a fake company offering work once you have joined ikbbi.
    I for one have never heard of a business consultants trying to obtain money by deception. Have you any examples of this practice so you can enlighten me???

Mr Thomas HAS tried to hide the fact that he runs RIS and is associated with Ikbbi, hes just not done a very good job !

I would love to be proved wrong but I think I will be waiting a very long time!!.

Im open minded about a organization for kitchen fitters but when they operate these sort of tricks, there not the sort of people you would want to be associated with im afraid.

9. blueassedfly!

blueassedfly! New Member

NIC i sit on the fence on this, I dont agree that as a trade, Fitters shouldnt be regulated, ALL TRADES SHOULD BE thats how you remove the cowboys by getting EVERYONE government regulated.
    just remember when youre being screwed by a shed or major retailer its because they KNOW they CAN.
    However IF DT and others at ikkbi are just trying to get your money then theyre BANG OUT OF ORDER, and if its fraudulant then im sure the authorities will deal with them! BUT a word of warning and it is WHAT if theyre genuine and its the likes of yourself who suffer! its a double edged sword! im sure YEARS ago the gas fitters where having the same debates(but not online).

Finally just because YOU THINK somthing, doesnt make it true! :)

10. kitcheneer

kitcheneer New Member

The gas fitters are a very poor example because their organisation is imposed on them by the government due to very obvious safety issues.

There is unlikely ever to be a similar organisation for kitchen fitters because the same safety issues do not arise.

There will never be a real and effective organisation arising from with the kitchen industry because there is no way of assessing the quality of the potential members' work, unless it is by highly skilled inspectors (who themselves would need to be vetted, and to be working to agreed national standards). These inspections (at least two different kitchens for every fitter) would need to be paid for by the fitters themselves. What would the average cost of that be? £500 as a very bare minimum.

Then the other services that the organisation was going to provide would need to be paid for, obviously there would need to be some kind of insurance scheme for customers who had received poor service from a member (just 'cos he passed the test doesn't mean he's going to do a good job everytime) and that would need to be paid for by all the other members.

I reckon the minimum economically viable fees would be £1000 per member and that would only work if the vast majority of fitters joined. Now, bearing in mind that being a member would not guarantee any work, who is going to pay that kind of money? And also bearing in mind that because only a few would join, their fees would need to be much higher again because of the low numbers. It's a vicious circle.

There will never be an effective kitchen fitters' organisation, ever.

11. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

Governments are generally against trade bodies. The reason is that most trade bodies are self-interested, looking to hike prices and run a cosy cartel. Bad for competition and bad for the end customer. The Govt only gets involved through HSE when safety is an issue.

Get on with your work, the cream will rise to the top and hopefully the cowboys will be left with the dregs.

12. unspoken

unspoken New Member

Thanks all you anti ikbbi members for your feedback on a subject that had nothing to do with it in the first place. Now can you all go away and set up your own post and have a good old moan on that one

13. unspoken

unspoken New Member

Thank god you listened ! i have given it a while and i hope it is now safe to continue. Any genuine fitters out there that want to share info about working for sheds please post here. :)

14. festfool

festfool New Member

capita will keep the gorgi name and most of its employees

15. unspoken

unspoken New Member

Thanks ex and kitchenhero for not coming on and slagging me. Anyone doing anthing for CFS here.

16. completion cert

completion cert New Member

some cowboys cannot get work from big shops , we work for them all , also do private , have your opion mate , but some of us do a good job no matter who its for , private or big shed work , survey them right , check the stock make sure you get the fit price right on survey , then you are sorted priced , fit dates down to you also .