Belle minimix

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Jerry Siddall, May 25, 2019.

1. Jerry Siddall

Jerry Siddall New Member

Hi can anyone help with a fault on my honda engined minimix. It starts only if I disconnect the thin cable next to the ht lead. I've dismantled and cleaned the on/ off switch but this didn't solve the problem. The oil level is fine. I've cleaned out the carb as well. I can only stop it by closing the fuel tap. Thanks

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

So the Honda GX120 engine, isn't that cable for the on/off swutch?

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  3. Diyloser

Diyloser Active Member

Either the oil level / on off switch are faulty causing an earth short which is what there are supposed to do when working properly. Ie: oil level switch earths out when oil level low, on off switch earths out when in off position.

KIAB likes this.
  4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Spot on, it's eay job to remove switch to isolate it,to check whether it's faulty,could be a faulty oil switch.

5. Jerry Siddall

Jerry Siddall New Member

Thanks for the help I've isolated the oil level sensor and it now runs and switches off. Discovered that the engine is actually honda gxh50! It has a sensor that looks different any spares I have found so far. Do you know if they are still available anywhere? Thanks 20190526_193835.jpg

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  7. Jerry Siddall

Jerry Siddall New Member

Yes it's expensive! I'll keep looking and for now just be vigilant about oil level! Cheers

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Diyloser likes this.
  9. Diyloser

Diyloser Active Member

Don't worry about it, just check oil level once a week and all will be fine.

Edit.
    Just opened KIAB link, at that price replace it. :)

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

£4:75p p&p free.:)