'Benefits in Kind'?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by The Trician, Feb 8, 2004.

1. The Trician

The Trician New Member

Any of you guys had 'alternative payment' methods offered by grateful customers? :)

Am sure there must be some great stories out there...

2. limestone cowboy

limestone cowboy New Member

In my dreams. Just swapped a fork lift truck for some work but I don't think that's what you had in mind.

3. fusefinder

fusefinder New Member

was just talking to an old decorator the other day about that, hes reckons that long ago this happened all the time, nudge nudge wink wink say no more...

4. Coolgit

Coolgit New Member

I've heard of 'milkman' stories, but leccies heh heh i suppose we can provide more 'sparks' to the randy wifes.

5. Dewy

Dewy New Member

Such things ruined one of the top brand names of washing detergent in the early 60s.
    OMO was a market leader along with Daz but after a report about it no one would buy it any more so the makers stopped production.
    The report was that housewives put a packet on clear display & OMO meant 'Old Man Out'

6. dingbat

dingbat New Member

Old Navy wives trick that one, although it was said to stand for 'On My Own'. Pompey wives allegedly displayed said detergent while Jack was away on patrol!

No payment in kind as such, but lots of flirty wives. The other night I got a call, "Hello, can you help... my husband has been trying all day to change a light fitting... and none of the lights work now!" You know the score - three bits of T & E sticking out the ceiling and he's tried every combination except the one that was in the rose he's taken off. He's none too happy to see me arrive at the door but admits defeat and lets me in. At first he hangs around, but when I quickly connect up the old rose to test and all the lights come on he scuttles off. His missus hangs around and holds my step ladder, chatting away while I finish the job, "Ooh, you must get a lot of this kind of thing." "My husband's useless with electricity." "I like your toolbelt." I have to say I felt a tad uncomfortable knowing hubby was sulking in the next room, but I'm sure that was half the fun for her.

Chicks, eh?