Best 1/4" router !

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Humour Me2, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Humour Me2

Humour Me2 New Member

I know this is often asked but looking through most of the postings they are typically 1/2 " that are discussed.

I recently purchased a trend hinge jig and was setting up to get started hanging doors when i found that my router leaves a lot to be desired. Ive never actually used it with a guide bush before and have realised that there is a lot of movement in the guides, so much so that when plunged and locked the springs cause the unlocked side to lift and the cutter is far from being central in the bush. I stripped the router down to find there arent any bushes.... just a poorly bored hole through the aluminium casting.... but back to the question... which 1/4" router.... dewalt615, trend t5, makita rp1110 or the little trend t4.

Im swayed toward the makita after buying their KPO810CK plane which is the dogs danglies. Which would you buy?

2. peterob

peterob New Member

get the trend t5 easy to get accessories for dont hace to mess about with sub bases

3. i hope this works

i hope this works New Member

I'd second that T5 brilliant bit of kit. All the accessories fit etc etc. Never used the T4 but might be handy if you're just doing hinges etc

4. Humour Me2

Humour Me2 New Member

thanks for the replies, im scanning around for the best price, unfortunately our hosts only do the bare version with no case.

5. i hope this works

i hope this works New Member

6. gna03633

gna03633 New Member

7. Bedroom Fitter

Bedroom Fitter New Member

Thanks for the tip!

I just picked up a re-conditioned Trend T5 from e-bay trend-community2000 for £70 inc p+p.