Best brushes to buy

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Painterman2000, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Painterman2000

Painterman2000 New Member

Hi I am just enquiring what everyone is using for daily use painting, ie brushes. Brushes for ceilings and walls and woodwork. I have read about purdy and hamilton are these the best choice.
    Many thanks for any advice

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

It's a case of what works for you really and what type of paint are you using, certainly Purdy and Hamilton are great brushes as are Wooster. Some paint requires a bristle brush while others will require synthetic filament brushes which are a lot finer.

Painterman2000 and KIAB like this.
  3. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

Just DIY but I invested in a set of Wooster silver tip for water based along with a Wooster silver tip angled 3". Makes life so much easier.

Think it was Astra who recommended those, thanks Astra!

Painterman2000 and KIAB like this.
  4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Most water based paint they recommend a quailty synthetic brush, using Purdy Monach & Hamilton Prestidge here with Crown Fastflow & Johnstone Aqua.

Painterman2000 likes this.
  5. Florene Brown

Florene Brown New Member

Yes, Purdy and wooster brushes are best and for woodwork Bartsh Round Chalk Paint Brush is good.

6. Painterman2000

Painterman2000 New Member

Thank you very for all your replies and advice, going to try some Purdy and Wooster brushes and see how I get on.
    Thanks once again everybody.

Florene Brown likes this.