Best ever immigration policy.

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by ally1957, Sep 5, 2007.

1. ban-all-sheds

ban-all-sheds New Member

I suspect that if the Government tried to tell you what you could or could not charge for your services you'd regard that as an outrageous interference.

Fairness doesn't mean the right to charge as much as you like whilst preventing other people from charging less.

As for Budzinski's complaint, in some ways it's completely without merit - it doesn't affect him or any of his friends and family as it doesn't apply to people from the EU. But in general terms I don't think it's necessarily wrong to require people who want to come here to be able to speak English to a degree. A uniform policy may not be the best one, as the degree of fluency required depends on why someone is here - you need better English to be a doctor than you do a street-sweeper.

So is it unfair to require it? Depends how it is done, what the standard required is, but most of all why it is done. Is it of vital importance, or is it cynical political posturing designed to appease xenophobic elements in society? Will it take account of people who come here partly to improve their English skills? Will it actually achieve much? If people who come here want to integrate as much as they can will naturally try as hard as they can to learn the language. Those who don't want to integrate won't do so and won't use the language much anyway, so you begin to wonder what the policy is designed to achieve.

2. morbius

morbius New Member

you think everything just happened by accident do you
    mr sooYar. you will think again when the day of
    judgement comes believe me my friend

sooyar, careful my friend, Don Budzinski sounds like hes from the polish cosa nostra.
    Theres a GoodFella:)

3. devil's advocate

devil's advocate New Member

Yes, it's called a free market.

And like most things, everyone is in favour of it as long as they benefit.

I don't think Polish plumbers/chippies/sparkies/ should be allowed into this country, as they compete too efficiently with our local brood and force wages down.

However, we should be allowed to work in Germany & France for example, should the unemployment rate in this country go up.

These bleedin' immigrants are pinching our houses - it shouldn't be allowed.

However, I don't see anything wrong with us snapping up East European homes for £25k each, forcing families to move away from their villages.

Etc. Etc. Ad infinitum.

Ma botty.

4. sooyar

sooyar New Member

polish cosa nostra.
    Theres a GoodFella

There was a cabbage head in my bed last night, do you think I should be worried?

5. morbius

morbius New Member

There was a cabbage head in my bed last night, do you
    think I should be worried?

be afaid, be very afraid.........

6. devil's advocate

Sooyar, I'm not morbius's biggest fan but I've yet to call him anything like 'cabbage head'.

7. sooyar

sooyar New Member

Sooyar, I'm not morbius's biggest fan but I've yet to
    call him anything like 'cabbage head'.

It's your missus I feel sorry for, she finds a * in her bed every night.

[Edited by: admin5]

8. morbius

morbius New Member

Sooyar, I'm not morbius's biggest fan but I've yet to

have to admit it did make me laugh

9. morbius

morbius New Member

It's your missus I feel sorry for, she finds a
    *in her bed every night.

but this made me laugh even more:)

10. sooyar

sooyar New Member

Sooyar, I'm not morbius's biggest fan but I've yet
    to

have to admit it did make me laugh

Well it wasn't bad for DA, normally he's about as funny as a fart in a lift.

11. budzinski

budzinski New Member

sooyar, careful my friend, Don Budzinski sounds like
    hes from the polish cosa nostra.

russian mafia maybe my friend .cosa nostra is italian you stupid person.now go watch russia beat england tonight

12. morbius

morbius New Member

sooyar, careful my friend, Don Budzinski sounds
    hes from the polish cosa nostra.

russian mafia maybe my friend .cosa nostra is italian
    you stupid person.now go watch russia beat england
    tonight

nothing nasty meant by it my friend, it was just a joke and yes i know the cosa nostra is italian, and at the moment i am watching ENGLAND BEATING RUSSIA 2-0

13. devil's advocate

Sooyar and morbius.

Am I beginning to see little glints of humanity in you two?

:)

14. sooyar

sooyar New Member

Sooyar and morbius.

Am I beginning to see little glints of humanity in
    you two?

:)

Don't worry about it, you'd see 'little glints of humanity in the terminator'.

15. ally1957

ally1957 New Member

Getting back to the OP anyone watching Panorama the other night should be left in no doubt that the UK is being openly targeted as the final destination for the boat people from Africa and countless other refugees from a host of other countries.
    Meanwhile we continue to bury our heads in the sand as per normal.

16. sooyar

sooyar New Member

Not to worry Ally, when we're 'full up' with half the world's poor, we'll all be skint as well, and nobody else will want to come.

17. ally1957

ally1957 New Member

18. ban-all-sheds

ban-all-sheds New Member

The ignorance of, and dismissive contempt for, other races and nationalities that that statement displays is truly appalling.

Since you don't appear to like this country any more, why not accept the fact that the feeling is mutual - you and your poison are seriously unwelcome here, so just ** off and thereby make this country a better place to be.

19. sooyar

sooyar New Member

Here we go, predictable as a bad smell after a curry.
    Why don't you ** off and take all the other like minded * with you. Then the people who would like the U.K. to retain some semblance of Britishness,(I don't believe they are in the minority yet) can stay and get on with things, without being subject to your 'racist' blackmail argument, which is wearing very **** thin.

20. Guest