Best filler for crack going down wall?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Alan M, Nov 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Alan M

Alan M New Member

I'm looking to repaint our kitchen walls but looking for some advice on the best material to deal with a hairline crack we have going down the lining paper at one part.

The first attached photo shows the crack as it was appearing in the paper and the second shows the previous owners attempt at filling which appears to have been pretty inflexible and started crumbling.

I was going to fill and reapply lining paper before painting but was just wondering if anyone had any advice on the best filler to use here? I'm guessing something flexible but not just basic caulk?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Robiker

Robiker New Member

I'd check out Youtube.

Alan M likes this.
  3. Alan M

Alan M New Member

Thanks for reply. I've seen videos on how to prep but I'm just wondering whether it's better going for something like:-
    https://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonse...bYtr-nrkKdKPmOPw_EpkkHYX5hLk23FoaAs6VEALw_wcB

Or

https://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonse...FWfV6Qt6V3XDsvDdcpywlJWsF3CJjKMgaAjNzEALw_wcB

Gaps pretty big at some points ~ 10mm which makes me think the first one but then the stuff that's been used before has unsettled which I'm not sure is just a quality thing or whether that means I should go for the acrylic stuff.

Anyone got any first hand experience of what would be best?

4. SteveP175

SteveP175 New Member

After coming across some reviews on here and on the ToolStation site I’ve been using ‘Toupret interior filler’ the last few weeks and wouldn’t go back to anything else now. Used it on large crack in ceiling without any sagging as well as on cranks / holes in the wall.
    Very easy to mix to smooth paste, easy to apply and gives a great finish. Read the reviews , like others say it may be a bit more expensive, I got mine on offer at Toolstation, but well worth it.

Alan M likes this.