Best Forum:(

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by palavaman, Jul 12, 2010.

1. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

How is it possible that you can access all other sections of Screwfix but can't access the Forum?

This is getting ridiculous

2. SLIM JIM...

SLIM JIM... Member

Cos They need to edit All our posts,
    Not enough in Admin,
    So they just shut it down so they can catch up.

3. Dreadnaught Heating

Dreadnaught Heating New Member

Na, it is just regular ' essential maintenance'. They are gonna offer us an 'edit' feature, any year now ;)

Mebbe DP needs to have another with steve.w down at the lodge and get him to up the forum budget. :)

DH

( dearest admin, I do hope this is not so 'facetious' that I get banned - like dear'ol ponty 1-50)

4. Bert Large

Bert Large New Member

Best Forum.........well, it ain't this one is it, even on the rare occasions it is working !
    Found UK Plumbing Forums to be more informative & friendly, plus it isn't down all the time. Bet this post doesn't last long

5. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

I'm not sure which is worse, this forum or the Screwfix Trade counters?...both are verrrrry slooooow

6. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Steve has informed me that he's reduced staffing levels over the weekend and given the amount of trolls & rsoles on this forum, they're left with no alternative but to shut it down, very sad I know.

7. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

i had to resort to going over to the doughnuts forum, they do toms tips as a feature on the FAQ's page, 'steve' always deletes them over here, and his underling 'mark' sends me nasty emails.
    maybe its time to swap sides.

8. palavaman

Not so fast tom. can you not try and convince Dickie to get Steve to refrain from giving us 5-10% discount and use the money to retain staff?

9. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

I too was active on DIYdoughnuts Thomas, they just love me there!!!
    Steve will not change his mind regarding the staffing levels.

I'm DeltaT over there Tom, what's your handle over there good buddy??

10. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

Just wish my wife went down as often as the forum.

Kind regards

BS

11. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

She does son, but not on you!!

12. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

i'm just a lurker over there Dick, i used to contribute but i got fed up of getting emailed everytime i got a reply, and i don't like the format, if i reset my account i'll be sure to let you know ;)

13. slapper

slapper New Member

This has to be the * forum in the whole of *

[Edited by: admin]

14. Guest

are slowly killing off what was the best forum in the UK. I don't believe for a minute the shutdowns are about a lack of moderators, in fact MOST forums are not moderated, abusive posts are reported and removed by e-mail. Screwfix could also appoint moderators from some of the senior posters of the forum-like many others do.

15. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Sounds like a good number for my good self, whatcha think Mr Noname??

Garviel Loken likes this.
  16. Fada Mach

Fada Mach New Member

Here's something we can try to see if it improves the forum; Pick Duller, go away.

Well, what do y'know...

17. Yeah, we need someone with a sense of humour you've got ma vote Dick.

18. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Oi!! DA I hope your piles are giving you jip & your wife finds your p.rn stash!!

Garviel Loken likes this.
  19. palavaman

With friends like Dickie, who needs enemies:p

Steve is his good friend, NOW, instead of twisting Steve's arm so the Forum can be improved, he is planning on jumping ship??? Great. Now some other TS guys will be thinking of joining him there. At least, tom is staying put, 4now.

20. Fada Mach

Fada Mach New Member

Oi, yourself. My wife ain't found my stash.