Best Paint on the market

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Vinny, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Vinny

Vinny New Member

Hello

Been out of the country for a few years and wondered what the best paints are these days

Looking for best water-based and solvent based undercoat, also best water-based and solvent based Satin.

Cheers

2. StinkNugget

StinkNugget Member

For undercoat I really like Johnstones Johncryl primer/undercoat.  It's water based & gives good coverage plus a really nice finish to the top coat.  For solvent based I like Johnstones Ultra undercoat.
    For satin I use Dulux satin or Johnstones eggshell.  For water based I tend to go for Johnstones water based satin range.

3. oitchy

oitchy New Member

If you think you may want to redecorate, stay away from water-borne paint, and stay away from the pretenders, the likes of whom include Johnstones, Leyland etc

Dulux, my friend, Dulux....

ps life gets easier; whilst it's not a "pretty" finish, being a tad shiny (poor man's eggshell), Dulux satinwood is self undercoating - two coats, but no "misses". Robert's your father's brother!