Best solution for this (pics)

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Scott Ldn, Jul 28, 2021.

  1. Scott Ldn

    Scott Ldn New Member


    hoping for some advice on this. About to redecorate a room and have what looks like wrinkled wallpaper that’s been painted over. Not sure if it’s just a result of lazy painting or perhaps some damp or something underneath? Any ideas what you think it might be, and also the best approach to make good? Thanks in advance

    Attached Files:

  2. ginger tuffs

    ginger tuffs Screwfix Select

    Cut paper along seam peel back and paste wall and paper then stick back
  3. Wayners

    Wayners Screwfix Select

    Wall and ceiling line crack and air blowing through causing that imo
  4. Scott Ldn

    Scott Ldn New Member

    Ah ok the other side of that wall is a slated roof so makes sense. Any suggestions on how to make good? Just cut away the damaged paper and fill?
  5. Wayners

    Wayners Screwfix Select

    Cut paper along wall and ceiling like. Fill crack with filler.
    Buy some flake paste and mix pva in (wood glue will work)
    Stick paper back.
    Make good any damage with filler.

    Tbh it's never perfect doing patching work like that but make the best of it.

    Glug of pva in the paste or buy some boarder adhesive or small ready mixed paste as sticks better than just flake paste you mix yourself with water.

    If not happy when done maybe a plain paper boarder around the top and paint over

Share This Page