Best tool storage/carry case for multiple drills

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Drofidnas, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Drofidnas

Drofidnas New Member

Evening

Just treated myself to a new Stanley Fat Max brushless drill last month and today bought the companion drill driver.

The drill came with a case but the driver came 'bare' without even a case.

As per the title, are there any recommendations for multiple drill tool carry cases/totes? Happy to ditch the original Stanley case if I can fit both drills into something with room for batteries, charger, screws, bits etc.

Cheers

Chris

2. Astramax

Astramax Well-Known Member

Have a look at tool storage cases on ebay.

3. Drofidnas

Drofidnas New Member

Thanks. I have. I was looking for a recommendation from a user, otherwise it's buying blind.

4. Astramax

Astramax Well-Known Member

Have had a few cases from ebay!..............all fine and fit for purpose.

Drofidnas likes this.
  5. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Well-Known Member

If your not bothered about mix and matching brands, take a look at the Dewalt TStak boxes

SF sell a few but these are more like tool chests for general tool storage

Can buy on EBay as an example and will hold 2 drills, charger, batteries and some spare storage, just over £20 - TStak power tool storage box

Some TStak boxes have plastic moulded sections designed so their own drill fits in perfectly, so unlikely that your drill will fit

Other boxes just have a foam insert with cut outs for equipment. A fair few different types available for different power tools in the Dewalt range

Probably best to buy the foam type, replace the foam and cut out to your own requirements

If you use any Facebook selling sights, I always see loads of new or used TStack boxes for sale

Many of the Dewalt power tools now come in the TStak boxes but not everyone goes on to use the supplied cases, hence loads up for sale. I got two brand new ones from a mate that keeps his tools loose in a filing cabinet in his garage (no ideas why but my gain) ;)

Worth taking a look

Drofidnas likes this.
  6. Drofidnas

Drofidnas New Member

Cheers. Thanks for all that. They definitely look the way to go. Was looking at Stanley stuff specifically but couldn't really see much. The first Tstak I saw seems to do the job. Got ready access to foam at work too so could even go for some cut outs, though not too fussed. Also looked for filing cabinets but they were too expensive and local pickups only. :D

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  7. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Well-Known Member

Great, hope this does the job for you

They’re really great boxes, super tough, strong catches, sturdy handle and if you have several, they clip together so ease of carrying from A-B . Also have a little clear window and a label so again, with several, can label up the contents of each box

A bit bulky though, perhaps that’s why some peeps don’t use them ?

Gotta say, I like keeping my power tools in cases and for me, it’s one of the deciding factors when looking for a new tool, if supplied with a case or not. I’m diy so not particularly tied into one brand or battery system

Enjoy your tool storage :)

8. Wayners

Wayners Well-Known Member

I'm all in on tote boxes..40lt is about right and they stack well. Can also get wheel dolly. Second hand are cheap off ebay or nearly new...27lt is perfect for plunge saw.

9. sospan

sospan Well-Known Member

If you have a look at Anglia tools or FFX they often sell off the empty Tstak case for £10-£20

What they do is but the multiple tool sets and then sell the pieces individually. The piece that normally gets unsold is the case, sometime there is an insert but that can be popped out to leave and empty case

10. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Well-Known Member

The failure with all stacking/interlocking tool boxes/cases is that the one you want is at the bottom - always. Even with Tanos/Systainer type arrangements where you can open the lid with others stacked on top, you can't in reality if there's anything meaningful above it. The drawer types offer some versatility but you are restricted by the size of the drawers. Over the years I have built up a collection of Dynacase boxes (Milwaukee, AEG, Atlas Copco) in two sizes but they really need arranging in some pre-made drawer arrangement to overcome this issue and I just haven't got around to it yet. I have made a load of dollies with locking castors and that has made storing and moving them very easy.

Regularly used battery tools - SDS, combi drill/driver, impact drivers, oscillating multi-tools, grinder, jigsaw, worklights and so on all get lumped together in a large wheeled trunk - a quick rummage finds what I need. The thought of a stack of boxes just for those.....

11. Wayners

Wayners Well-Known Member

Tote boxes..I've pulled half my racking out van now and just pile these up. Can swap depending on kit needed for job. They worked out £7 each ish..oh...S = Sanders...7 x40lt and 4 x27lt plus my sheets and vacuum etc works for me for what I carry, own a few more that store tools and kit in garage.

IMG_20190830_195502_compress6.jpg